The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - DubV's 15 Gallon (56K)
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
This week's developemet... Algae!!!

Some brown diatom, you can see it on the rock on the left and a bit on the sand in this crumby camera phone pic.

Wish I wasn't at my stocking limit. I have kept otts in the past and they seem to love this stuff. Oh well, I have read that it is not uncommon in new setups and should go away on its own eventually.

I also started forming a bit of hair algae. To me this was a sign of too much light. I raised the light up on its chains about 1.5 inches and haven't seen any new stuff forming...yet.

The Ludwiga is growing like crazy still. I have had to trim it back severly to keep it from growing over the top and shading the rest of the tank.

The HC too is growing/spreading slowly but surely.

I have yet to see any real progress with that narrow leaf sword. Now it is forming diatom on its tips and starting to look like crap.

The flame moss.... I live in the North country and when It arrived in the mail it was a block of ice essentially. I have no experience with the stuff but know other mosses to be rather resilient. It looks like it isn't doing well but I figure I might as well give it another couple of weeks to see if it will bounce back. If not, it is slated to be removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00059-20110105-1913.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	26326  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome