feedback/suggestions for scape - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
PTrader: (46/100%)
feedback/suggestions for scape

I'll be receiving most of the plants in the picture tomorrow, so I've drawn out a plan for the tank. I would really love some suggestions, because I'm not really happy with the aquascape. Here's why:

1. That gigantic piece of wood fits in the tank in only one position, and it touches the front and back glass. That doesn't leave space for anything in front of it or behind it. I don't know if I can make it work.
2. It just doesn't look organized, no matter how I plan it. I can't seem to make it look like everything is supposed to be there. It all looks random, like an accident.

Here's the supposed plan:

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Don't be afraid to say "scrap that huge piece of wood" if you want to. I need the truth! If you have any advice on other plants that would look good in there, let me know!

Oh, for reference:
Tank size: 47 gallons
Lighting: 56 watts T5
Excel and ferts
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
I forgot to mention that I'll be taking off all the plants that are on the branches. I don't really like the way they look there.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Wannabe Guru
PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
I think I would move that big driftwood piece a tiny bit to the left. It's a little too close to center for my taste.

I do love your plant choices. R.rotundifiola, blyxa, and needle-leaf java are some of my favorite plants. What is your carpet plan?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
LOL; it's funny you should say that. After I took that picture, I moved the wood to the left. Now the left branch almost touches the glass. As a carpet plant, I chose HC. It should be arriving tomorrow. I'm also trying out marsilea minuta, so I'll be able to see which grows better/looks better in this setup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode