The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mini S Aquascape Help asap?

4K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Julie7778 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my plan so far, the dark green is anubias nana petit and the lighter green is Pogostemon helferi. I'm thinking some plans at the left corner, also some inebtween the rocks and wood.

What do you guys think? More rocks? Change something? Plant ideas?

Would love to hear what you think!

See less See more
#4 ·
Love the design! Have you considered any mosses (such as pelia or flame moss) on the driftwood? Was going to say or the rocks but they're so striking and white that it'd be a shame to cover them up! Maybe stick some pogostemon in that back right corner too or a taller background plant like eleocharis parvula or acicularis? :)

#5 ·
That looks like a nice concept. If the wood will be the focus, I would just go with lower lying plants and as suggested some moss on the wood otherwise you'll probably take away from it.

The tank shown above with the Java Fern over the lower rocks works well, but maybe not in your setup.

BTW: What kind of light is that? How strong is it?

#10 ·
I think P. helferi is going to be too big, even with high light and CO2 it's still a pretty big plant. Depending what it looks like post planting, you might want another rock to balance it out (even numbers tend to look unnatural). Do you have a big budget and are you gonna run CO2? Mini bolbitis and Mini Pellia are among my favorites if you choose to go that route.

#14 ·
The freshwater nano version. The way Julie has it, the end is almost seven inches into the tank. So the light is almost smack dab in the middle.
I have the pico version as well, used on two other vases (a one plus gallon, and a less than one gallon).

#17 ·
I'm so sorry! I was going to possibly get the Mini M, but I got the Mini S! Sigh so sorry about the confusion guys. Thanks Daisy as always helping me out :)

RcscRsI planted it, here's a more recent pic. Still trying to decide on plants it's a mess right now. I am aware of the even stones rule and I actually have 5 in there. I will be running DIY CO2, may upgrade eventually.

#18 ·
That's a nice piece of wood, but the long horizontal piece in front is a bit distracting. Maybe if you plant something with narrow leaves beside the wood it will soften it up?

I like the narrow leaf Java Fern idea, but understood, hard to find.
How about a crypt? Or even a fine-leaved stem plant might work.

Other option would be to cut the branch off, but that's an irreversible move.

Good start, though.

#20 ·
Sorry about the noob question lol. How do I change the thread title?

Thank you Both! I actually am kinda restarting this, planting wise. Hardscape will stay the same . I just wasn't liking the plant, I'm going to probably add S.Repens around it, it'll match my other tank. I'm still on the hunt for Some type of Java fern. I went today and honestly in the one store the plant tank was honestly empty. Not one plant to be seen, which sucks. But hopefully means new shipment soon. The other store just had some sucky plants that were left overs.

#23 ·
Thank you!

Changed it ;) finally!

rosssavo Had to take everything out of the tank, except the stones. Decided to change things up a bit! But I'm definitely keeping the wood (once it sinks lol) and I may add some moss onto it! We'll see how it looks. Not sure if I want the more natural look or what!

I'm honestly not sure. I'm pretty sure it was Singapore moss!

#22 ·
[QUOTE
Bump:

I like the idea of eleocharis parcel a maybe in the back! I may take some moss I have from my 8g and tye it on, do you think I should just add some on the ends or throughout all the branches?
[/QUOTE]

Great! or even just some extra pogostemon in there to keep it low :)
I do love a full moss covering for that matured, ancient look but entirely up to yourself i've seen beautiful examples of both! Which type of moss is it?

#25 ·
Here's the new look! Anubias nana petit in between the driftwood and s.repens and some ludwigia in the back. Definitely not pleased yet. I like the moss tree idea but I'm not sure how I would do it. Just tie moss to the end and hope for the best?

That was after planting so it's still a bit messy. I'm sure the s.repens will perk up soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.