The Planted Tank Forum banner

My Scape so far dry start method.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Plantme 
#1 ·
I'm doing a dry start with my xmas moss and looking for suggestions as far as a highlight carpeting plant. and what i should do on the opposite side as far as plants go.

Ray 2 light and CO2 setup up.

Right after putting the moss in a blender and spreading it around. (only water and the moss was so fine it was like dust.)

about 4 days later

Any ideas?

See less See more
#2 ·
great start! i would continue using more x-mass moss and spreading that over the rocks on the right side as well. i also like how you created a cradle with the rocks on the right side. for placement, it would look more natural to place your petite anubias in that cradle, as it would appear that the plant was able to grow because it was sheltered by the rocks from a swift current. it makes for a dramatic piece.

Bump: great start! i would continue using more x-mass moss and spreading that over the rocks on the right side as well. i also like how you created a cradle with the rocks on the right side. for placement, it would look more natural to place your petite anubias in that cradle, as it would appear that the plant was able to grow because it was sheltered by the rocks from a swift current. it makes for a dramatic piece.

#3 ·
I like that ill give that a go. Im going to go buy some more substrate and highten that area just a tad bit so i can get a good layer going. I went to go add some xmas moss on that side and to my surprise this morning i have little green fonds sprouting on that side so I should be good as it creeps across it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.