So this is my first thread, and my first dirted tank. I reused some plants I had in a 20L that I tore down to make room for this one. I have dwarf sag as a carpet and tied some anubias nana to the driftwood. I started out with just two small anubias nana plants from a major pet store and they exploded when I gave them good lighting and co2. I'm horrible at trying to figure out what plants could go where and look good together in the space I have left.
My current setup is:
- 75 gallons
- odyssea cfs 500 canister filter with added bag of purigen and bag of chemipure with original sponges and bioball filtration. diy surface skimmer.
- substrate is organic soil bottom, thin middle layer of regular black sand, flourite black sand cap. all regular white sand for 'river' effect that my corys got all dirty
. substrates divided by translucent film (like projector film) to prevent sag from running into the 'river'.
- 216w t5ho (4 bulbs. first pair 9am-5pm. second pair 10am-6pm) blue night LEDs 6pm-12pm. total darkness from 12pm-9am)
- pressurized co2 on 5lb bottle (8am-5pm) roughly 3bps using drop checker
- current fert dosing is flourish, flourish excel, flourish potassium (ordered EI dry ferts)
- stocking is 15 neon tetras, 4 SAE's, and 4 peppered corys (3 nickle size blue platinum angelfish and 2 nickle size blue platinum marble angelfish on order.) the betta in the hangon breeder will be moved once I get his own 10 gallon set up. he has 3 anubias nana plants in with him and gets water circulation from tom's dosing pump.
- 30% water change once a week
Here are some pictures. I just did a water change so the water is a little cloudy. The heater will be moved later and I'm using an inline co2 atomizer for now until I get another glass diffuser after accidentally stepping on it.
The background is frosted film for when I add some LED backlighting later. The plants turned a little yellow after transplanting so I'm hoping they'll come back.
So I'm not sure what other plants to add. I have the empty space in the back corners for some tall background plants. I want to add some midground plants behind my large rock and behind the back part of the driftwood so I get maybe a sloping effect down to the river then back up to the corner of the island. I would like some colored plants as well like yellow and reds. Or if you think maybe I should replace some areas of the dwarf sag with something else.
Your help would be appreciated! Thanks for looking!