Thanks man, appreciate it! I got mine up and running fairly similar.
I see you used a splitter for your strips, how did you get the second male end? Did you just unroll the full LED strip to get to the end of it and cut from that end? I used LED connnectors instead and don't like the extra wire I have to tuck away and bend, I think the splitter is a better route like you did.
Here's a shot of mine, brightness was a bit up but it came out similar to yours.
haha, i won't be lighting up my house, however maybe do something with it underneath the stand. it's a cinder block stand with a brand new empty 20 long underneath that i may put some blue clarkii in. i had one before and thought she was just so cool, haha. all my filtration and electrical cords go into the back wall and into a room on the other side, so the bottom is completely empty.
just an update on the 75 in a little over 2 weeks. EI dosing with 216w of T5HO and pressurized co2.
i had a GDA issue at the beginning, so i decided to raise my light fixture. i have a drop ceiling, so i bought some shelf brackets from home depot that support up to 150lbs each and chain link that supports up to 545lbs so everything is plenty strong enough, and the added melamine shelf on top is convenient for more storage, even if i have to use a stool to reach up there.
you can see the algae that started to cover my 'river' sand, so once i get it under control, i'll suck it out and lay some fresh new white sand down.
i have a little bit of trimming to do, but everything is coming along nicely. however, the golden nesaea pedicallata seems to be a difficult plant for me to keep alive. i lost a few stems, but the rest seem firm and are very firmly planted, so i hope they will start to come back.