The Planted Tank Forum banner

Moss Wall advice

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Fish from Philly 
#1 ·
I'm resurrecting my old ebi, with a HUGE piece of driftwood in the corner. It seems like a moss wall (or two, since it's effectively a corner tank) would make the dark wood pop.

My water is hard,/alaline, but can make it an temperature I want.

What my best option for making 2 12"x12" or so moss walls (i'm not in a super hurry. things, things take how long they take, and no matter how much they try, nine people can't make a baby in one month)

Advice for which moss would eventually fill in attractively, but not a lot of maintenance. Where I can get 12"x12"x mesh? Does someone here sell it? or do I go to the hardwares store and buy some ss mesh that looks reasonable and tin snips?

Should I dose anything besides excel while I'm growing it out? At that time, it'll only be driftwood, capped dirt, and beginning moss wall. Oh, and maybe p diffusa.

Also, any recommendations for a light fixture for the fluval ebi that's around the higher end of low, and lower end of medium? I think the stock light is actally too dark, but I'm not set up for high light.

Thanks in advance.

James

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.