So the tank has been heading south from when it was first set up.
Having a manual regulator and nothing else made controlling my CO2 concentrations difficult. Bubble count was erratic at best. Since the previous post, I've changed quite a few things in terms of hardware and added and removed a few things.
Plant-wise, I removed the initial plant in the back left corner with Blyxa japonica.
Also planted Crypt lucens to the existing batch of C. parva. Planted more glosso to supplement the dying ones. These grew well the first week or so but was then overtaken with diatoms and hair algae and began dying as well.
Also need help with plant ID. It was bought red but started turning green. All new growth is also green. With a name to the image, I could then start providing proper care for the plant to ensure it stays red.
Plant circled in red
In response to the diatom/hair algae takeover, I raised my lights by a few inches, decreased my lighting period to 6 hours and carried out the One-Two Punch. All seems well for now but only time will tell if the glosso will rebound.
Glosso being overrun
Currently glosso is growing tall. Will start trimming again when they've rebounded.
The New Bunch of Hardware:
Purchased an Up-Aqua regulator with adjustable working pressure for use with an inline diffuser
. It was important to be able to adjust the working pressure as the atomizer requires a minimum of 36 psi to function. So I set the working pressure to near 40 psi. Even then it requires a while to build enough pressure for the atomizer to function. Also removed the larger ceramic tube from the diffuser and added teflon tape to the thread of the main chamber as it would start leaking when water starts flooding the main chamber.
Brochure for A-164
I removed the larger ceramic tube and added teflon tape to the thread of the main chamber as the the chamber would leak when water seeps in with the current working pressure.
Finally got my 4dKH solution as well and now my drop checker is functional. At about 1 bps solution already turned lime green.
That's all for now.Hopefully with the changes, the diatoms won't return and things will look up for the tank.
If any mod is able to, could this thread please be moved to the Planted Nano Tanks or Tank Journal subforum.