Ideas on my new aquascape
I think the dark substrate is heaps better.
I don't mind the wood the way you have it now but I'd try moving the sword plants in under it on the RHS. Try and get a triangle going. If you do I think it will give the impression of more room. I would try a little (or a lot if you like it) moss on the wood. Give it a softer look. But since it is a beautiful looking piece I wouldn't cover it up too much.
- I was thinking the same considering the swords don't need as much light. I will add some moss to the lower branches on the larger branch.
I'd tie that anubias to the lower part of the RH branch and maybe get some smaller leaf ones to tie on the branch too.
- I will add some anubias to the branch also. I also have one small petite nana to the branch as well.
Slope you gravel to the back a bit more and make it flat at the front. It will give you more depth. Just doing this usually improves the look of a tank.
- agreed... I have enough substrate to work with.
If that is java fern on the right then it will do better tied to the wood or a rock. They don't like having their rhizomes buried.
- no java fern in the tank lol.
I can't tell but is there another branch on the LHS with moss on it. If there is I think it will be good but can't tell unless I can see it properly
- yes there is another smaller branch on the left hand side covered in moss!
I also like the way the wood was before so either way is good for me.
- me too! I may move the large piece back.
55 Gallon Planted
3 GBR, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Juvenile Super Red BN Plecos, 9 Oto Catfish, 9 Bloodfin Tetras
Rotala Indica, Cardamine, Crypt Spiralis, Pygmy Chain Swords, Dwarf Sag, Lutea Crypt, Wendtti Bronze and Red, and Floating Frogbit