The Planted Tank Forum banner

My 55 Gallon tank

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  HybridHerp 
#1 ·
Hey, i am new to this but here we go. I have a 55 gallon tank with 10 fish in my tank. i have yet to plant my tank, and i have had the tank up and running well for 7 months. I would like some input from people on my tank, i would really like to plant my tank but i do not want to take my tank down to plant it, does anyone have any ideas how i can put some live plants in my tank with out doing that. Also, does anyone have any ideas to make some diy hidding spots for my fish, all my rocks and wood is stuff i have found from lakes and streams in my area. thanks

Water Plant Watercourse Wood Aquatic plant

Water Fish supply Plant Pet supply Organism

Water Plant Pet supply Fish supply Wood

Water Plant Fish supply Pet supply Organism

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you have a goldfish with those cichlids?...Thats really not a good idea.

And sadly both goldfish and cichlids will consume plants in no time.
What i would recommend is getting anubias and java fern, tying those down to your decor and go from there- these fish seem not to like the taste of those plants.

#8 ·
the koi will not only outgrow the ann but appreciates water colder than the cichlids would like to handle

as far as plants go, the koi wouldn't really let any live, but the cichlids might (provide a full stock list please?)

your gravel is going to make recommending any plants for you pretty difficult as well, and you need to tell us your lighting (in detail please)

however, your tank might be having issues even before thinking of keeping plants, so just let us know the stock list and the water temperature might be nice to know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.