The Planted Tank Forum banner

Spiderwood waterlogging

22K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Colin Wrexham 
#1 ·
If I soak spiderwood in a bucket until it sinks; how long will it stay waterlogged as I need time prob days to get the hardscape right.

Will a small lava rock (2" by 2") with a zip tie hold pretty 'big' pieces down (3" by 4"?)

#3 ·
Sorry but I meant If it's waterlogged and Im setting the hardscape in let's say in 3 days. Will it dry out that fast again and float. How long will it stay waterlogged from going wet to dry.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

#5 ·
I currently have a piece of spiderwood that I submerged in a bucket for a couple weeks it had sunk, I allowed it to dry for about three days (started but didn't actually do the remodel until then) and now over a month later the thing still needs a rock on it to keep it down. I've never had such a stubborn dw before. I've had wood sink in a day or a couple weeks but just FYI I don't think all pieces follow the rules some (like mine right now) are rebels and want to float forever lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Yeah I'm sure :) it sunk in a day or so the first time around.... I have no idea why it doesn't sink now lol it's not super buoyant and I just have a small stone holding one of the branches to the ground but if I take it off it slowly floats back up. It's naughty since I placed it. I've never experienced anything like it with any wood before.

It's the first piece, there are a couple in there it's hard to discern. And I guess the base might be more like 6" across but it's only an inch or so thick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.