The Planted Tank Forum banner

How does this look?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  madcrafted 
#1 ·

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·

my first thought was that you could use a thicker layer of substrate. if you have more soil, i would make it thicker all around your tank. your plants will have more foundation for the long run.

nice landscape with the tree and stones. your second picture looks better. You have a lot of open space in the mid and top level of your tank.

im assuming the tree will be the highest height for your scape. your scape is going to peak out at the low level, leaving your mid and top level empty. try to fill that up. Maybe make a steeper slope or bigger hill. you wouldn't want any plants to grow bigger or taller than the tree, otherwise the scale of our aquascape is going to be thrown off.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was thinking I needed more soil. I used 3 bags of st international aqua soil. Guess I'll order 2 more.

Only thing I can't place the in/out take where I want it. B/c of the glass canopy. I was going to place them side by side on the right side of the tank. Then the nano power head on the left side corner at the top. I can't cut the glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.