The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need Suggestion for my 10Gal Plant tank

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  csong30 
#1 ·
Want to add some plant on my tank any suggestion?:laugh2:

See less See more
#4 ·
Im guessing you have no space on the back side of the wood?

If you can move the wood forward an inch or two you could plant some stems. Some rotala H'ra or other fine leaf stem plant would look nice wrapped around the edges of the wood and continuing behind it. Also I would move the barteri in from the edge of the tank. It is striking and pulls the eye to the corner of the tank. It would make a great focus point.

Hope that helps

#6 ·
I still have 2-3 inches space at the back I guess it should be enough. Will take your advice, may getting some rotala H'ra. Im thinking to take the barteri away and get something smaller instead any suggestion? and also should i tie some moss on the back wood too?

Bump:
And get a background (maybe black). It will be easy to see the scape and work with it, and help the plants pop

Will see after I get the stem on:grin2:

#7 ·
That is a nice Anubias. It adds some very nice contrast in leaf shape and color to your foreground. I think it works well with your driftwood size and shape. I would try to use it as a focal point still. If it doesnt work you can always take it out later.

As an alternate you could use a smaller Anubias like Nana or Petite. Or even a few bucephalandra species. You could add those and keep the barteri.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.