The Planted Tank Forum banner

NEW Eheim Aquastyle 4 Gallon

923 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CRS Fan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow aquarist.

After some prodding from some friends and family, I finally have gotten my feet wet again. I took a 2 year break when my infant started grabbing things and I knew it was not a good idea to have high-tech planted tanks in my modest apartment. Thanks to a friend who bought my Eheim 2080, I was able to trade it for a BNIB Eheim Aquastyle 4 and some cash. It didn't take me long to start obsessing about a scape and 3 days later, I have a fully planted nano tank.

I hardscaped it with Dragon stone and ADA Amazonia. I was thinking of adding a small tree (but was unable to find a 'tree' small enough). So far the plant list includes:

Blyxa japonica
Staurogyne repens
Staurogyne stolinifera or 'Porto Velho' (not 100% sure of the ID)
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'
Micranthemum umbrosum
Anubias nana 'petite'
Hygrophila 'Araguaia'
Proserpinaca palustris 'Cuba'
Needle Leaf Java Fern

I added pressurized CO2 and a 10W heater today and hope to see some new growth soon. I'm not going to dose the tank with nutrients but I am buffering the water to offset the acidification of the water column by the Amazonia and CO2.

Other than that, it it a stock tank, light, and filter combo. This is the first time I have run such a system out of the box. I will have to wait for the tank to cycle before I add livestock. Without further adieu, here is a sneak peak.......

I hope that 'my friends' enjoy my previous passion of aquascaping.

Best regards,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.