Ammania Sp Bonsai
[STRIKE]Blyxa Japonica[/STRIKE]
Limnophila Aromatica
rotala Wallichii
Bacopa Colorata
Sword

See less See more
#32 ·
I got the idea from Curare here is the link http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/27817-diy-acrylic-lilly-pipes.html

Just cut them willy nilly. They'll grow back. Honestly, I am not sure on this plant. If it is anything like regular pennywort, I just hack them back pretty heavily and they don't seem to mind.

Do you think it is a combination of putting back on the cover with reducing lights? I am wondering if the cover is blocking more than you actually want. Just speculation, though.
Well I just cut the pennywort back heavily and its back again its almost engulfed my driftwood :eek:. Not sure how much the cover is blocking but ill try it for a few months and see what happens.

Here is some updates today was water change opened up the door and found one of my cherry shrimps dead on my co2 tank :/. Good news its wasn't the one with eggs :thumbsup:.
I cut back all the cabomba to 3in and in a week its back to the top, My next time I cut them Sewingalot ill send you them okies?
Not sure why my cherrys are so red in my big tank with a lot of light

Pennywort engulfed my driftwood

#31 ·
Just cut them willy nilly. They'll grow back. Honestly, I am not sure on this plant. If it is anything like regular pennywort, I just hack them back pretty heavily and they don't seem to mind.

Do you think it is a combination of putting back on the cover with reducing lights? I am wondering if the cover is blocking more than you actually want. Just speculation, though.

#36 ·
Thank you

That is amazing how fast the pennywort grows for you. You must be doing something right. Your cherry shrimp is beautiful. Are all the females that pretty and brilliant red? The cabomba is looking good but I see you still haven't brought back the reds. Personally, I think that they are pretty this way as well. How is your fertilization going?
Yup all the females are super red in my big tank and in my 7g shrimp tank they are not anywhere near the red like in the 55g :eek5:. The cabomba is getting its color back a little think its the light you need all the 216w to make the color come out but I am only doing 216w for 1-2hours a day so don't think I will have that full red and pink :/. As for ferts still dosing 2.5g kn03, 3.5g k2s04, and .9g kh2p04 trace 15ml and iron 7ml.

are you dosing anything? Im jealous, we started the tank at about the same time and yours looks better.

How is your spraybar placment on the side working for you? I have mine in the middle and its ok....i guess.
Yup I am dosing dry ferts 2.5g kn03, 3.5g k2s04, and .9g kh2p04 trace 15ml and iron 7ml. As for the spraybar its working pretty good I do have the xp1 with the lily pipe next to it angled at the other side of the tank so I have good flow throughout the tank.

Sold 11 of my sae yesterday what a job to get them out hehe. Also battling with ramhorn snails I hate them they all need to die lol. Also got 20 crs shrimp a few days ago they are sweet cant wait till they breed they are so much better then the cherrys. Tomorrow mite be getting a 72bow front so bye bye 12in 55g hello 18in 72g :)

Look at the growth in a few days hehe

#34 ·
That is amazing how fast the pennywort grows for you. You must be doing something right. Your cherry shrimp is beautiful. Are all the females that pretty and brilliant red? The cabomba is looking good but I see you still haven't brought back the reds. Personally, I think that they are pretty this way as well. How is your fertilization going?

#41 ·
I started off with maybe 20 leaves of pennywort. I just took each one and planted it in the ground look at this picture to get the idea. If you have high light give it 2 weeks and you will have a lot.

#44 ·
Well I run a burst of 4 bubls for 4 hours now and haven't found any algae every 2 weeks I clean the glass of dust but its very little :).

Not to be dense...but really? Individual leaves with a short length of stem?
I don't get it?:confused:

Well small update I got 4 Azoo fans man do they work good keeps my temps 72-74f when room is at 80+f. Today I seen 2 of my crs for the first times in 2 weeks man they hide really good in the forest lol. Haven't done a trim in 1week Sunday will be a big one :).

#47 ·
Well its been a few weeks and I just let everything grow out will never do that again hehe. I took the chainsaw to the plants today and ripped out almost everything now the fish can swim around lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.