Clint's 75 Gallon. High Light Project Update 1/19/14 (56k) - Page 29 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 460 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFishKid View Post
How did i miss this Clint! What a terrible thing to happen to such a good guy... I'm so sorry for your loss. I bet seeing your aquarium like that is heartbreaking. I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife (and dog!) made it out safely though. You were extremely lucky; it could have turned out a lot worse. The pictures really put everything into perspective, even though the description that you gave us of what happened sounded terrible enough!

Hope you and your wife can get back on your feet and move back in as soon as possible. Will be keeping you in my thoughts.
Thanks, Phillip! It was scary... Looking back at the picks still sucks but I am really looking forward to getting it started back up again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150EH View Post
I was just watching a program the other night showing how many people in the US die from electrical fires, so they are truely very lucky.
Yeah, and I will never take fire safety for granite! I hope everyone who reads this doesn't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad320 View Post
Hey Clint, just wanted to say "Hi!" and I HOPE EVERYTHING IS COMING ALONG GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY <most importantly. Any word on the resurrection of a tank? I got plenty of stuff to help you out if you need anything bro. Take care!
Thanks Chad! Things are moving. Slowly but moving. I am getting ready to upload some pics in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 gallon View Post
Hey man so sorry to here about this, I have been out of the loop on here for a couple of months. I hope all is well and things are coming about for you and your family.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in10 View Post
Congrats on things starting to move and enjoy designing your home.
The wife is having more fun than I. She just picked out the kitchen cabinets. She made a good choice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimagoma View Post
good luck man! that whole thing really sucks ): I keep snakes too and i know I would just die if i lost them. Lemme know if you wanna start a collection back up again though, ive got a nice mean anery snake lookin for a new owner to bite :P

Good luck! keep us updated!! <3
Thanks for the offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150EH View Post
I hope the insurance company was kind to the new tank fund, it was all ADA right?

It could be worse
haha. I wish.... My wife did dive the "okay" to buy what I want. We were just looking at ADA AS. She said cost wasn't an issue since she loved the tank also. What should I get???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch804 View Post
I am glad that everything is going as good as it can and that's got be fun to redesign your house, that would be so great! Eh, don't sweat the small stuff Clint, you will have a tank once again but first is the important things and then you will get your jem back! Good luck, and I will be waiting in anticipation for you next great venture!

I have learned not to sweat the small stuff pretty quickly! Still tough but getting easier... Can't wait to get it started again!

Clint

“Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’” -Michael Scott

75G High Tech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 460 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Very cool to hear your wife appreciated the tank so well. I can't help you on ADA soil since I have no experience with it.
post #423 of 460 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Here are some pics before the floors were taken out. I couldn't get through the whole house. I have some pics of the basement gutted also but I just have to find them...

I have no idea why that was sitting in the middle of the floor.... lol

Clint

“Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’” -Michael Scott

75G High Tech
post #424 of 460 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Wow that looks so desolate and sad. But at least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and know it is not an oncoming freight train.
post #425 of 460 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Clint I'm using AS on my low tech nano and it's my first time using it, the difference is great with no dosing but the plants are growing well and not the painful slow growth that is the norm in a low tech so AS is a must from here out.

You have so much to think about with a green light from Momma, LED's, Low Iron Glass, wet/dry or canister, I think you need to find an inspiration tank and try something a little out of your comfort zone, you will alway be "Master of the red Stems" but it's time for a change. When you get a chance take a look at these 2 build videos maybe they will help.
post #426 of 460 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 04:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

Wow, it looks surprisingly well for what happened there! Now the wait, but at least all is going well and moving along. Good luck to you I hope all goes well! What every you decide to do when you can start a tank again, I am sure you come up something great and different. It's always nice to do a new tank or a total tank rescape (minus the time it takes)!

@150EH - SHHH, don't say all that, his tank is an inspiration showing how to achieve a great tank while using mostly stems. I think it looked great, but I would like to see another aspect added though.
post #427 of 460 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Time flies when your having fun, are you out there Clint and how are things going for you and the family? I hope thing go well so we all get to dream about the lavish setup you are building as if it were our own, look at this journal for inspiration on page three or so he has a pile of ADA gear that is worth about 5K, I would have a better guess but my eyes were tearing up so bad I couldn't see the calculator.
post #428 of 460 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Wow I totally missed this from earlier this year. I am so glad that everybody was safe. And glad that you didn't lose the whole structure too. I hope that the rebuilding is going well.
post #429 of 460 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Planted Tank Guru

It's been too long, where are you and any thoughts on something new, not that your plate isn't full enough.
post #430 of 460 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I have been gone for a while now.... I am happy to say that the house is being finished as we speak and I will be moving home next week!! I can't wait to finally be home again and have the tank back up and running.

I will post pics next week. I have a lot of things to buy yet....

Clint

75G High Tech
post #431 of 460 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

What great news!

Cannot wait to see what sort of tank you get set up. Looking forward to it.
post #432 of 460 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 03:23 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Super news Clint, I thought we had lost you to another hobby. I'm sure you will be more than ready to get back to a normal life, good luck and keep us posted.
post #433 of 460 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 03:25 AM
Planted Tank VIP

Welcome back Clint!!! I freaked out when i saw your thread pop up on the board Nice to hear you are moving forward!!!
post #434 of 460 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Wannabe Guru

Glad to hear everything is going well especially with the house! Can't wait to see what greatness you have in store for this new tank. Good luck with it all!
post #435 of 460 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Yeah, I have lots of work to do! First I have to order some substrate.... I will most likely be doing that next week some time. Looking for good deals now but don't think the price really changes much on ADA AS.... I am pretty sure that I will need a butt ton of it too....

I will keep looking.

Clint

75G High Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode