Clint's 75 Gallon. High Light Project Update 1/19/14 (56k) - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 460 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The bass is in your back yard?
That looks over 22 inches of bass.
Sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 460 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I wish that was my backyard! The lilies went in my backyard. That bass was 22" on the dot. I didn't weigh it though..

Clint

“Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’” -Michael Scott

75G High Tech
post #18 of 460 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I was getting annoyed with how I had the co2 setup in the powerhead and just couldn't get it right. The tube kept moving away from the intake and when I would get home, the drop check would be yellow. So I tried this DIY ghetto rig with a 20oz soda bottle until I get my glass diffuser. It looks like garbage but seems to be working well so far. I seen this done here and on youtube. Figured I would give it a try.

I still don't have 4KH water but the distilled I have, read 40 KH? Is that right, or is that 4? I used an API 5 in 1 test strip. That is all that that they had at 4 LFS's! The KH on these strips read 0, 40, 80, 120, 180, 240... My results were in "between" 0 and 40. Any clues on this? I guess I should get a more accurate test kit when I head out to "That Pet Place" next weekend to get my diffuser.

BTW, The seals are holding up and still looking good

Clint

“Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’” -Michael Scott

75G High Tech

Last edited by Dempsey; 03-08-2010 at 01:00 PM.
post #19 of 460 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Here is more of a closer pic.

Clint

75G High Tech

post #20 of 460 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I took the sponge off because I don't think there was enough water flow. Oh yeah...... I forgot to mention......... Remember now, I am still new. On the plus side, I have no fish in the tank....... Anyways, I was reading the drop checker backwards!(Yeah, I did admit that)(Don't tell anyone) Wow! I am Getting Plenty of CO2! Whoops Eitherway, without the sponge, I can lower the bubble count now also.

Clint

75G High Tech

post #21 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Just a quick update. Since I changed the lights, now, the plants are spreading fast. Besides that, my CO2 reactor is very efficient.The lights now are only one week old. I got a great deal at "That Pet Place" in the Philly area. $23 for 65watt CF bulbs. I also picked up 2 assassin snails since the snail population went nuts in the tank. These 2 snails..... wow..... They don't stop! I was really impressed! I do plan on rescaping and have more substrate to add but just want to see how things grow and spread. I have a feeling that in less then a week, I will be adding plenty more pics. BTW, I clipped some of the plants before the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0075.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	17296  

Clint

75G High Tech
post #22 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

The rotala indica really grows fast! If I cut it, will it split into to stems? BTW, the LFS had rainbows on sail for $0.99 each!!! I picked up 5. I know I should have bought more but I want to start slow... I asked them why they were so cheap. They said "People love them and we picked them up for a really good price. Since i spent $150 there that day, they said "since I spent that money, we will take care of you the next time you come in". That is one thing I like about "mom and pop" shops. The HC is growing fast, also. Actually, everything is!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GEDC0001.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	17344  

Name:	GEDC0002.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	17345  

Name:	GEDC0004.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	17347  

Clint

75G High Tech

Last edited by Dempsey; 03-08-2010 at 03:53 PM.
post #23 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Planted Member

wow your transformation looking good lower the diffuser a bit
post #24 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
Nice start. That bass would huge! I caught a 12 inch one at ontario lake but that is like a baby compared to yours. Maybe add a black bacground to your aquarium? It will hide all of the cords.
post #25 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to cannonj22
Tank looks great. In the previous picture it looks like there is an air stone that is running, is that right? I'm not sure about your specific tank, since it looks like you're getting plenty of dissolved CO2 already with that reactor, but a lot of other hobbyists try and get as little surface agitation as possible while injecting CO2. A good way to do this is to set your O2 (or air, more precisely) inverse to your photoperiod (and C02) with a timer. This way your pumping in CO2 when the plants need it for light reactions, and O2 when the plants need it for dark reactions.

Like I said earlier, tank looks great.

Joe
post #26 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thank you all for your input and compliments! I take and implement most I hear since an outside eye is able to see more then I do.

Clint

75G High Tech
post #27 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Here is a quick update. I trimmed and planted some ratola. I also re-constructed my reactor.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GEDC0010.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	17560  

Clint

75G High Tech

Last edited by Dempsey; 03-08-2010 at 03:52 PM.
post #28 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 02:22 AM
Planted Tank Guru

What is it you think you are accomplishing with the plastic bottle in the tank? It isn't doing anything for your co2... YOu can just put it in the intake there...
post #29 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I will try to get closer pics of everything since everything is pearling! If you can see, I trimmed and re-planted some rotala. The HC and dwarf sag grass have been going nuts also. So much for "dwarf sag grass" Besides that. I am liking how things are filling in. I will move things around as I see growth.

Clint

75G High Tech
post #30 of 460 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by over_stocked View Post
What is it you think you are accomplishing with the plastic bottle in the tank? It isn't doing anything for your co2... YOu can just put it in the intake there...
I agree but, most of the bubbles float right to the top without the 20oz in place. Honestly, I get pearling allot faster using the bottle in place. Also, I use much less CO2! So the answer to your question? I am getting pearling quicker with less CO2. Works for me!

Clint

75G High Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode