My Tanks - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
My Tanks

New to the site, but thought I would post pics of my 2 tanks.

55g Mbuna Tank

15g planted community tank

The Mbuna tank is home to approx 20 African Cichlids, 2 clown loaches and a few pleco's. The loaches and pleco's were put in there for a specific purpose that has long since passed and will be going as soon as I can talk my wife into letting me get them out of there. Other residents include 2 bumblebee cichlids, a very grumpy auratus, 2 yellow labs, a powder blue, 2 kenyi and several other varieties of juvenile's.
Filtration is currently an Marineland Emperor 400 bio-wheel filter, a Marineland Penguin 330 modified filter (air bubbler under the cages), a 300gph sump under the tank and an eheim 2217 that is temporarily collecting bacteria for an upcoming tank. The Substrate is crushed coral and the rocks are mostly Texas Holey Rocks with some lava rocks and some other misc rocks. The tank is approximately 8 years old.

The community tank consist of a Betta Splenden, 2 Panda Corys, until last week, 7 Neon tetras, now I am down to 2. 4 shrimp of an unknown variety that may be the cause of the missing Neon tetra's, and a variety of plants that I have no idea what they are or any idea of how to identify them. The filtration is a Marineland Penguin bio-wheel mini (which I have recently learned is bad for planted tanks due to co2 dispersion).The substrate is CaribSea Eco-Complete. There is a small lava rock as well as a piece of driftwood.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode