Planted Tank Enthusiast
PTrader: (32/100%)
I want an update please.

Eheim Pimp #351, Classic 2213.
Finnex Schuber Wright 9g Journal

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
PTrader: (10/100%)
Wow, I kind of forgot about this thread.

Thanks a lot monkeyruler90 and Kyclops. It's obviously the grass that makes this tank, which is what I was going for. And as a bonus, the stuff is pretty easy to grow. It's nice to know that other people think it looks nice too. I think it's harder to get a good look in a higher tech tank that doesn't require trimming. Might just be me, though.

OhNo123: Here you are.

I think I forgot probably because this tank doesn't really change much, on account of I haven't really done much to change it.

I tried to switch out the marsilea with UG a little while back, but the UG just slowly died on me, so that was a bummer, and now half of the front right corner is bare. Then I left for a little over a week, and didn't have anybody dose or do water changes, which led to an algae bloom I'm still trying to fight back. BBA is ridiculously stubborn. The person I had feed my fishes overfed my fishes too, but I can't really blame him. He's not a fish person and he was nice enough to make it over to my house and do my chore. So yeah, the tank has a bit of algae and a bald patch. The only real plus is that the blyxa has slowly been growing up and out, and does look pretty nice. The problem is the stalks in the back are shorter than the ones in the front of the little blyxa bush, so despite the fact that it's on a hill, the whole depth illusion thing I was going for isn't quite there yet. Hopefully it'll get there.

Long winded update without pictures, I'm afraid. I'll try and do a bit to clean up the tank and snap a few pics soon for everyone. I've just been pretty busy getting ready for college in a week...
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
PTrader: (10/100%)
Alright, I think it's about time I wrap up my loose threads. Like I said, I've been away at college for a while now, and obviously I had to leave this tank at home. My little sister was taking care of it for me, but she doesn't really know anything about it, and apparently there's been an algae outbreak, but it seems to be going away now that she's following my instructions, and yada yada yada. The point is, I've decided that this tank is finished, and I plan to break it down in a month or so when I'm home for thanksgiving break.

It turned out pretty well for my first real, serious attempt at a full out planted tank, but there's definitely room for improvement. And I will improve on it next time. I'll almost definitely get something good going in there next summer. I've got tons of ideas. But that's a long ways away...

So, just bidding a farewell to this tank setup, and giving this thread some closure. Oh, and if the algae isn't bad when I get home, I'll definitely be RAOK'ing all the plants. So there may be a ton of grass going out around then.

Thanks for all the encouragement and compliments paid to this one, guys!
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 02:10 AM
Algae Grower
PTrader: (0/0%)
post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
PTrader: (0/0%)
holy nice grass O_O
I hope to have similar results with the grass that i have growing in my tank.
I love how healthy it looks =) Good job!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode