Alright, I took everyone's advice regarding the rasboras and did exactly that: nothing. And it seems to have helped too. They don't school constantly, but it's increasing. I also made it to the LFS again, braving the post-winter-storm roads, and got myself four otos. I love the little guys. They've been in the tank a little over four hours, and have been happily munching at my diatoms.
Anyway, I got out my crummy camera and took some pictures. At the very least I'll track the tanks slow progress, and let me compare after CO2 is added (Soon!). No fishy ones, though, as the pictures came out all blurry and would have just been annoying to post. Here they are:
The marsilea is a little diatom covered, makes it look less impressive. But it has been making progress. And, you can see oto tracks on the rock.
Growing a little.
Thickening up some.
FTS. The water isn't as green-looking as the blurry picture makes it seem. And it's brown, when you look at it against a white background. Water changes have been slowly clearing it up.
So that's that. Not real exciting pictorial progress, but I've been pleased. Nothing has died, and growth has been at least noticeable. Comments, suggestions, criticisms, are of course welcome.