The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mr. Aqua 13 g bowfront PRL or CPD w/ scarlet badis

5K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  II Knucklez II 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello I have moved into a new house and finally got an RO/DI system today from bulk reef supply since my Ph out of the tap is 9  therefore I finally get to set up my tank that I have had for more then a year. The tank will be in the family room as a display tank.

Don't know what to fill the the tank with, I'm torn between getting PRL or CPD w/ badis and maybe painted red shrimp. I know the babies will get eaten but I'll have another tank going for them to breed.

Doing a simple scape with a carpet of baby tears on the bottom, s repens and downi on the top corners.
24/7 finnex light.
Finnex px360 canister filter.
coroplast as substrate supports.
Ohko Dragon stone.
Mr. Aqua substrate.

here's what the layout is going to look like.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Had to do a lil modification to the filter to make two 90° bends in the out let pipe. I had to cut the end of one of the straight long inlet piece since my tank isn't that deep.

And I sanded it down so two of the rubber elbows could connect easily

Also had to cut the basket under the tank that will be housing and he filter and CO2 tank

As for the power it's right under the basket holding the filter and co2

and here's the what I got done so far, still waiting on coroplast for substrate supports.

#5 ·
Still need to plant in the right corner. Don't know if I'm going to plant s. repens or rotala Macandra sp. mini.

Also got some substrate and baby tears in the holes of the rock to see how that goes.

#8 ·
Water Nature Plant Pet supply Botany

added to the right corner and thinking about planting a few S. Repens in front of the red plants. Also the baby tears are starting to Pearl less then a week since being planted.
Water Nature Plant Pet supply Botany

Attachments

#11 ·
Vertebrate Plant Nature Pet supply Vegetation

2 weeks after planting.

I also added s repens on the right corner. I think I'm going to add some PFR this week since I put tank water from another established tank I have, from the start.

#14 ·
Thats what I thought but thank God it's doing just fine. Ya I had to think about that since my girl was against putting a tank there.

Filling in nicely bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks can't wait till it fills in all the way.

#17 · (Edited)

so for more then a week now it's been cloudy even when I do 50% water changes one day after another. Don't want to do it that much so after the third day I stopped but it did clear up a little.

Other then that I put a female and male badis with some CPD's. Only thing is the CPD's hide behind the rock every time anyone walks by the tank �� do they come around later on? I have tried to feed the while standing in front of the tank but it all falls to the floor...

#20 ·

Tank doing good over all just the downi and s repens isn't doing to good but I think it's because I was using straight RO water which is doesn't have any trace elements so now I'm doing 75% RO and 25% tap

CPD's are hiding like always. They are very shy, more then I thought they would be.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

#22 ·

Doing good added some more s repens on the right, downi and mini AR. on the left.

I do have a few PFR shrimp and they do find, the badis and other fish don't bother them Since the shrimp are bigger but some of the babies do get eaten. So I'm slowly adding adult shrimp in from another tank I have breeding them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.