You can see elsewhere where this tank stood a while ago. No amount of pruning was going to whip the haphazard layout into shape so I drained it last night, went through everything I had on hand in other tanks and came up with this.
I really liked the scarlet temple I was growing out in a 75 so I put 4 stems of it across the right rear, and there are two stands of broadleaf lud on the left rear on either side of the filter. I haven't really seen a tank with a red background, and from the luck I've had with both plants, I'm looking forward to seeing it fill in, it should cover the filter nicely. The left front is about 5 of those "hardy aponogeton" bulbs, I tossed about 2 dozen of them in a 75 five about a week ago and they exploded. Some dwarf sag in the front for ground cover should fill in nicely around a couble of stands of moneywort and the left side gets 3 dwarf lilys. I'm not sure what the plant in the front right side is, it was some kind of sword I think, it came from a big tub full of plants and trimmings I pulled out of a garden pond I've been working on for some friends.
Anyway, I'll put up a weekly shot for awhile and see how it develops.
Oh yeah, the tank:
30 gallon "cube"
3'' flourite, laterite blend substrate
controlled pressurized co2 (pH 6.8 = about 20ppm co2)
2 X 65 watt 6500K
daily dosing with a proprietary formula