First off, let me apologize for the horrific photos. The tank doesn't have it's own light yet and the glare/reflection is rough on photos.
Moving on! I picked up a 20g High at Petco's $1 per gallon sale. I chose the 20g high because my corner table already had a 24"x12" base and I couldn't find anywhere to place a 20L. First move was to paint the back of the tank black with Krylon.
Despite what I just said, I did try some wood configurations out prior to painting. Here is what I ended up liking the most. Wood is from Mr. Barr himself. I got it for my 75g, never used it.
Configuration changed a little bit, but is largely the same.
You may not be able to tell by the last photo, but I screwed it together with stainless steel screws. They were $7 for a pouch, but worth not worrying about zinc or other metals in my water.
Washed the tank out and then added black diamond blasting sand, my substrate of choice.
Submerged the substrate to let it absorb water and added some moss. I forget what kind this is. It is sort of like anchor moss, but it isn't.
A before shot of my 75g. I had to steal some plants from it!
Large chunk of dwarf sag removed.
Several crypts missing from the end.
My aquascaping included throwing plants around. Whatever stuck is where it went.
Planted and filling
Completely filled. The wood sunk on it's own, so I did remove the tiles later.
And just for a run down of the equipment: I'm reusing a sunsun302, media from my sump, and a sponge filter on the intake of my canister.
Future plans really only include moving my red cherry shrimp population from my sump to this tank. I have to clean my sump, so the timing is perfect. I also have a light coming in the mail. It should be here on the 19th, so tomorrow. I'll post some more photos, but it is just a simple tank.