High-Tech 12 Gallon Long Shrimp Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

High-Tech 12 Gallon Long Shrimp Tank

After a few months of research (special thanks to Darkblade48 for answering all of my CO2-related questions!), I've finally accumulated all of the equipment to set up my first tank, a Mr. Aqua 12 Gallon Long. I'm planning on keeping OEBTs, Orange Sakuras, a couple Bamboo Shrimp, and a few Otos. I haven't made any final decisions on the flora yet; I hope to decide within the next couple days.

Equipment

Tank: Low Iron Glass Mr. Aqua 12 Gallon Long
Stand: Aquarium Fundamentals 30/38/45 Gallong Upright Aquarium Stand
Substrate: 12 liters ADA Aquasoil Amazonia (9L Normal, 3L Powder)
Filter: SunSun HW-302 (264 GPH)
Lily Pipes: CalAqua X1 and F2
Filter Media: Filter Pads, Poly-Fill, Seachem Purigen, and FilterPlus Bio-Media
Lighting: Current USA Satellite LED Plus 36"
Heater: Hydor In-Line External Heater 200W
Ferts: DIY EI Liquid Ferts
CO2: 10lb Tank, Used Air Products Two-Stage Regulator, Burkert 6011 Solenoid, Fabco NV-55-18 (and various fittings), JBJ Style Bubble Counter, ISTA Max Mix Medium Reactor

Hardscape

Manzanita from Manzanita Driftwood. I love the piece that I got, it fits the tank perfectly. I'm not sure if I should add any rocks to the hardscape or leave it as is, any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20151014_011507.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	529210

Flora

I'm still undecided on how I want to lay out the flora around the driftwood. There are just so many options and combinations that would look really nice; it's hard to pick just one. I'd like the tank to be moderately to heavily planted but I keep flip-flopping between whether I want to go for a Dutch style inspired look or a more natural layout. Any suggestions regarding plant choices and layout are greatly appreciated!

Fauna

OEBTs
Orange Sakuras
2-3 Bamboo Shrimp
2-3 Otos

I'll add some more higher quality photos to the thread tomorrow. I hope to choose the flora within the next few days and finally begin cycling the tank within the week! Any criticism or advice regarding any aspect of this post, especially the hardscape and flora, is all greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode