The Planted Tank Forum banner

Kraken // 90p // High Tech (May update with new photos December 2017.)

17K views 69 replies 30 participants last post by  Mitashade 
#1 · (Edited)
Tank up to date photo:

Tank videos:
Hardscape (Nov. 19/15) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwklig2_kQE
Day 1 (after planting) (Dec. 18/15) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWeDqFuKJ7k&feature=youtu.be

ORIGINAL POST

So I've decided to scrap my 3 nano tanks. In exchange, I drove down to Guelph/Toronto and picked up an ADA 90-P. Here's the equipment/materials I have so far:

- 90-P tank
- GLA CO2 regulator with 5lb tank
- 40D Beetle Diffuser
- 2x 9l Amazonia Normal type
- 1x 3l Amazonia Powder type
- 2x 3l M Power Sand Special
- Complete ADA Substrate system (minus ones already in Power Sand Special)
- 3l La Plata sand
- 5x pieces of manten stone (2 large ones)
- 1x large spider wood piece
- small bag of volcanic rubble stone
- ECA (for post trimming fert)
- ADA filter tubing set
- misc. tools

Stuff I'm still missing:

- light
- filter
- fertilizer system
- plants
- substrate supports
- ADA clear tubing set for CO2
- Python water changer

The tank stand is going to be custom made by a relative.

I'm looking to do a nature-style tank with lots of java ferns and bolbitis, stem plants behind and carpet of HC/moss around sand in front.

I'm still not 100% on which light and filter to choose. My first choice for light right now is an ADA Solar 1, because the look beats anything I've seen. For the filter, I'm eyeing an Eheim Pro 3 2071. Will that filter be enough flow, or too much?

Also, I'd have to say my weakness in this hobby is fertilization. I'm terrible at remembering to fertilize daily, since I work alternating shifts. I wanted to try the ADA fert system, but they don't carry it anywhere in Canada. So I picked up the ECA for post-trimming dosing, and now I'm looking at other systems. I'm not going to have a ton of fast-growing stems, so a system that lets me fertilize as little as possible would be ideal. Suggestions?

Will post pictures once I get a chance.

See less See more
#63 ·
2 month tank update. Did a quick shoot today, since I have a day off, and I needed a distraction from the 4 wisdom teeth bursting from my jaws.

Sorry I've been quiet here, but I've joined several FB groups and I find it much easier to post there, since I have to upload photos to a hosting service before I can post them here. I'll try and post all the major updates. Subscribe to me on Youtube (mitashade) or join one the many FB aquascaping groups for more frequent updates.

Enjoy!

#68 ·
You should use tapatalk on mobile. It's very easy to use and it can group your various forums together. When you post the pictures (which is an easy - insert photo), it automatically uploads to the tapatalk server that saves it for your posting.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.