Fred's 15g Small update 3-5-10 - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 04:13 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
Would it be bad to try GH booster or equilibrium without testing first? I've never used either of these products before.
i think that's the whole point of ei dosing, right? dosing in excess and fixing it once a week. some of my ferns have the same type of holes yours do. are the holes just on older leaves?

What would Honey Badger do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
i think that's the whole point of ei dosing, right? dosing in excess and fixing it once a week. some of my ferns have the same type of holes yours do. are the holes just on older leaves?
Actually yes, they are mostly older leaves. Maybe it's time for a big pruning
So you're saying it's probably cool to add gh booster as long as I'm doing 50% wc's weekly anyway?

I think I may need to try the root tabs too. Do you use them in either of you tanks? I have some on hand, that are probably three years old.

29g Journal 10g journal 15g Journal
"Modesty is the only sure bait when fishing for praise."
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Algae Grower

i am using the seachem root tabs in my 29. just a couple for the crypts. they seem to do great with them.

What would Honey Badger do?
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well, it's been 4 years since I've posted in this thread. Almost to the day. The tank is dry. I have two kids now. We started a 6 gallon tank for my older son who is turning 4 next month. Our local pet store that had good fish is long gone, so we have been through 3 cycles of fish from Petsmart. All DEAD in under two weeks.

My poor little guy is wondering why all of his fish friends keep getting sick and going to heaven. I guess it could be my tank, but I have never had problems getting a tank cycled and running. Do people mail order fish these days?
Maybe I'll plant his little tank and worry about fish later. I think I'd be thrown off the site if I post pics as-is/ It's complete with a stick on background, blue plastic plants, a palm tree and beach chair. It will have to be low maintenance though.

Here are the kids if anyone wants to see them. They are very snuggly little guys:

29g Journal 10g journal 15g Journal
"Modesty is the only sure bait when fishing for praise."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode