Mark's - "Petit Coin de Paradis" (Updated Pics) - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

This tank has been up and down and still fighting a war with some algae, but I went down on Christmas morning and the sun was coming in the window at the right angle and I was able to snap a few pics of it.

Current Tank Journals: 125 Dream~~~~
Retired Tank Journals: Tranquility ~~~~ Les Collines Rouges ~~~~ Restful Hideaway Riparium~~~~Gone Live-55Gal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

Looks great man! Can't wait to see a lighted tank shot, those rocks are going to be a nice contrast with all the green.
post #33 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

That's pretty cool--looks like the sun shining through from between mountaintops.
post #34 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

MrJG...I will try and post some lighted tank shots this week

Thx hydrophyte....what is really neat about this is that this tank sits in my basement and the sun was shining in thru a casement window right into this tank hitting those rocks just right. I was glad I went down when I did to see it and get those shots.

I also have 12 new Threadfin Rainbows in this tank. Before I even started to set this tank up, those are the fish I wanted for this tank and I love them!

Retired Tank Journals: Tranquility ~~~~ Les Collines Rouges ~~~~ Restful Hideaway Riparium~~~~Gone Live-55Gal
post #35 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:26 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

Dang! Great shots! The grass looks fantastic, and the stems look great.
The MTS seems to be working pretty good

post #36 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

As promised, here is a tank shot with lights on.

post #37 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Algae Grower

Nice one! post some angles pls
post #38 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Here are some more shots of the tank tonight before I did my trim.

post #39 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Planted Member

Very nice tank!

post #40 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

how di i miss the up dated pictures of this!!! your tank looks more high tech then mine does and i thought i was doing an amazing job with the hole soil thing!!!! im envious of you once again!!! im coming to see these tanks in person!!! didn know u were from ohio dude!!!
post #41 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemman View Post
how di i miss the up dated pictures of this!!! your tank looks more high tech then mine does and i thought i was doing an amazing job with the hole soil thing!!!! im envious of you once again!!! im coming to see these tanks in person!!! didn know u were from ohio dude!!!
No need to be envious if you saw it right now. I am having a problem with the water being cloudy and I even have Purigen in the filter. It may just need a water change.

Yep...I am an Ohioian! I don't think there are too many people on this forum from Ohio. I know of a few, but I just don't think the planted tank hobby is as big here in Ohio as it is elsewhere. My LFS don't even sell live plants or even have a tank setup with one. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know and thx for the kind words.

post #42 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Wow! I can't believe it has been since January that I updated this journal. The tank has been thru alot of problems but I believe has balanced out. I ran into a bout with green water algae for about a month, and after doing about a 3 day blackout and just letting it run it's course, it cleared up finally. Then, my cat knocked my T5 light into the water and so I have been using T8 bulbs but have not seen any bad form that. I am battling some hair algae in my grass but so far I have been keeping that under control. Well enough of the talking, here are some pics...

Also....if anyone is thinking that the SAE is out of place in this tank....he is! I will be switching him to my 90 gal this week. When I got him he was tiny, so he has been growing out in this tank and he is now ready to move!

post #43 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Wannabe Guru

Nice tank man, I like how that carpet really makes it look like a field or something, very nice.
P.S. I also really like the color on those rocks.
post #44 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Nice tank! Love the carpet!

Planted tanks aren't popular in Ohio? LOL
post #45 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentK View Post
Nice tank man, I like how that carpet really makes it look like a field or something, very nice.
P.S. I also really like the color on those rocks.
Thx! I hope it will look a whole lot better once the HM fills in behind the rocks. It has taken it seems like forever to get the belem to fill in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsword View Post
Nice tank! Love the carpet!

Planted tanks aren't popular in Ohio? LOL
I am starting to see more people from Ohio on these sites. I hope the planted tanks will become more popular around here. I am just trying to fill the quota for about 3 people!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode