Yay, with exams finished I got cracking on my tank!
I went out to the shop to buy some supplies:
>Extra light fitting
>2x 25wat bulbs
>time switch (last one broke)
>Pool filter sand (not in pic)
Some plant..cant remember its name:
Preparing my little fish housing tank:
Emptying my main tank. the othertank has all those light around it because the temperature was a bit too low. I dont have a heater because I like in an area that doesnt get very cold..usually. Moving fish from one tank to another is quite a challenge...
In the mean time I added the clay to my soil, and cleaned my pool filter sand (that looks exactly the same as gravel........was expecting actual sand.. oh well)
Then I emptied and cleaned my tank pretty well:
Here came the fun part!:
I made a border of PFS so you cant see the different substrate levels
Thin layer of coral grit
Added the soil over that
Then the covering layer of PFS. I tried to slope it..emphasis on tried
The substrate was done, so I added my driftwood and rock in a slightly different position:
I started to slowly fill the tank up with water. Uh oh, it got really cloudy. I dont think I washed my PFS enough
Started to plant the plants. I took them out of their pots and spongey things. Unfortunately this separated a lot of my stems, so I planted them separately.
So, i finished adding the water and connecting up my new lights.... this was the result....ew
I left it for the night, and this morning I did a 70% water change. This is what it currently looks like:
I might do a further water change later. I dont know.