For a while now I've wanted to redo my first tank using what I've learned since I started fiddling with plants in the aquarium, and this bank holiday weekend finally provided the opportunity.
This is the new setup:
Tank: 3' 180l Fluval Venezia Bowfront
Filtration: Fluval 305 and Fluval U3
Substrate: Tetra Complete Plant Substrate topped with Eco Complete
Ferts: 1/2 EI + EasyCarbo
Lighting: 1.5 WPG T5
So, it looked like this to start with (partway through getting the water out). It had become a bit of a plant nursery while I got my 100G set up.
A little while later, all the fish and shrimp were in buckets with a heater and airstone, and all the plants and wood were out. The gravel was taken out and chucked and replaced with a bottom layer of Tetra Complete
Then in go the new wood and rocks, with the Java Fern and Fissidens already attached, and then the Eco-Complete
Then all the rest of the plants go in. Not convinced I broke up the Marsilea enough, may have to revisit that.
And then finally, the water is readded and the fish go back in.
I'll post more pictures when the bubbles have cleared and you can properly see what's in there! Thanks for reading.