Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West coast of the east coast of the USA.
Setting up the 90...Finally
About two years ago the place I get my chicken feed from gave me a drilled 90 with a sump. For free. Now since it was a saltwater tank the glass is pretty scratched up. I'm not too too concerned since I really never intended for it to be a show tank only a grow out. Eventually I;ll get another 90 or maybe a 75 to put in the wall in the house.
I finally got a metal stand for it and have it on the front porch of the fish house. The acrylic housing around the bulkheads is working loose from the silicone so it's leaking into the overflow area around the sides of it. Bought new bulkheads and will add pipe to keep the water level where I want it.
Where I put the tank I never had the idea for a tank to be there so I had to run power outside to it. Lucky I built the fish house and there is an outlet right on the inside I was able to tap off from. Found the beginning outlet and added GFCI to it.
Yesterday I washed all the gravel and got it in the tank. Got in some vals, bacopa monnieri, and a couple of other stem plants all in net pots with top soil and a gravel cap. Added two large pieces of driftwood attached to slate in also.
Started filling it up.
And at about the 3/4 mark the darn driftwood decides to float. Nothing I put on the slate was enough to weight it down. I'm getting even today. I got some pretty heavy slate to attach it too. If that fails I see a 44 magnum in its future.
When I get some photos I'll put them up.
Dilution is the solution for the pollution.
Quote me as saying I was misquoted.
Once you get rid of integrity the rest is a piece of cake.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.