So I reuploaded a few of my corrupted photos.
I started my sheeting my stand in 1/4" plywood. Nothing really fancy. I was planning my doors around my stand.
I did some basic trim in 1x3's and corner pieces. I also attached the doors and hardware.
These were surplus, premade, doors I bought for $7 a piece.
Testing the tank. It isn't really the prettiest stand, but it will work. The top portion needs something, but I don't know what to do exactly. Doesn't bother me much
I started making the hood. 18" tall to accommodate the lights and leave room for adjusting.
Finished it up with 1x3's and then sheeted it
Hung the front door. The whole thing opens on a set of hinges for access to the entire top. 18" also lets me get in there to work on the tank.
It hangs a little open, I'll put some locks on it and padding to stop it from slamming.
Opens 180 degrees and just rests on the top
To my joy and surprise, the whole stand is level and true. I didn't have a level for most of the build, so this was good news.
Stained and hardware reinstalled. The lighting is pretty bad and the color looks really strange. But it matches the furniture and coffee table I made previously.
I painted the rear of my tank. I had some leftover automotive light tint in a can, so I started with that. A few light coats of that then a few more medium coats. Finished it with gloss black krylon. The light tint sticks to glass really well and survives in harsh conditions, so it should stick to the back glass just fine.
Turned out pretty good.
And that is where I am so far. I started filling up my sump with some mechanical and bio media.