Katie's Tiny Piece of Nature... 7.5g Mr Aqua - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
Katie's Tiny Piece of Nature... 7.5g Mr Aqua

Hi Everyone,

My name is Katie, and I am just getting into the hobby after taking a break for a few years. I used to have several tanks set up... low tech planted tanks, and lots of central and south american cichlids (my true love). I started moving around a lot though, and moving large tanks got really tiresome, so I promised myself that until I am in a place where I plan on staying for several years that I won't do another large setup. I have really missed my aquariums though, so I thought it would be fun to do a small planted setup with CO2 supplementation, which is new to me

I scaped the tank about a week ago, and will be planting and filling it tomorrow!

7.5 gallon Mr Aqua Mini Bow
Fluval Stratum substrate
SunSun Mini External Canister Filter 602B
Finex Ray 2 18 inches
Fluval Mini Pressurized CO2 kit... planning to upgrade to a paintball setup eventually
Up Aqua drop checker
Mr Aqua Ceramic diffuser (since the one that comes with the Fluvial kit is huge)
GLA dry ferts (will be dosing with EI method)

I would love some input on the suggested photo period to start out with.

Here are some pics of the tank as of now. I am planning on doing some kind of carpet (will see what the LFS has in stock tomorrow), moss on the driftwood, a few stem plants in the back, and hopefully I can find something interesting for the mid ground on the right side. Suggestions and feedback are welcome! Thanks for reading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2085.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	451082  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2084.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	451090  

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Wonderful little setup! The only suggestion I would give is to have one of those vertical pieces of driftwood point to the empty side of your tank. It would make for a better flow visually and attract our attention to all parts of your tank.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru
I might see if there's any way the end of the driftwood which is cut can be turned around so that faces the back.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
Thanks so much for the feedback! I did flip the wood around and I do think it looks much better I'll post more pics later today after I plant and fill it!

Katie's 7.5g Piece of Nature Journal http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...754&highlight=

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode