speedie408's 39G Journal ****R.I.P.**** - Page 10 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 145 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

that's a shame to hear that the 39G has to go--that last picture you post is especially nice--but i'm sure that the new 40 breeder will be just as inspired.

i like that rockscape. it's different. the way that it is off to the one side creates a sense of great space in the open area of the tank. the only thing i would suggest would be perhaps a larger rock or two in that group if you can find some. so that they will still be visible as plants grow in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 145 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
that's a shame to hear that the 39G has to go--that last picture you post is especially nice--but i'm sure that the new 40 breeder will be just as inspired.

i like that rockscape. it's different. the way that it is off to the one side creates a sense of great space in the open area of the tank. the only thing i would suggest would be perhaps a larger rock or two in that group if you can find some. so that they will still be visible as plants grow in.
Thanks hydro! I am torn at letting it go, but I have no funds atm to get new equipment if I was to keep it. The new tank is gonna go through it's rights of passages to maturity, but I'm sure it'll be alot easier this time around .

I can not dissagree with you on the rockscape. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll have to schedule another rock gathering trip soon to find me a bigger rock.

Actually, I stole this sloping idea from legomaniac89's 20L . lol Is'nt it great!!?? Thanks for the inspiration lego! haha
post #138 of 145 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Aroid Addict

[quote=speedie408;887882Actually, I stole this sloping idea from legomaniac89's 20L . lol Is'nt it great!!?? Thanks for the inspiration lego! haha[/quote]

Haha no problem bro! I love the rockscape you've got going there, but I'm a bit worried that the smaller ones are gonna get swallowed up by the plants once they start growing. I would have to agree with hydrophyte: if you find some good-sized stones to go in that grouping, it'll look a-maz-ing.

You seen Ugly Genius' Riven Impact (last incarnation of Riven Tanglewood, in the Nano Tanks Forum)? The way that main rock stood out against the plants was incredible! I think if you could do that with, say, three rocks instead of one, then you got one heck of a scape going

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O
Lego's Comprehensive Grow List - From Acorus to Zephyranthes
New 40 Breeder Scape --- Low Tech 20H
Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #139 of 145 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaniac89 View Post
Haha no problem bro! I love the rockscape you've got going there, but I'm a bit worried that the smaller ones are gonna get swallowed up by the plants once they start growing. I would have to agree with hydrophyte: if you find some good-sized stones to go in that grouping, it'll look a-maz-ing.

You seen Ugly Genius' Riven Impact (last incarnation of Riven Tanglewood, in the Nano Tanks Forum)? The way that main rock stood out against the plants was incredible! I think if you could do that with, say, three rocks instead of one, then you got one heck of a scape going
If only I can get my hands on some stones like UG's. I'm sure this scape will change as time progresses, so who knows. Thanks for the suggestion man and also thanks for the Rotala's. I know they're gonna look pretty fresh in this tank.
post #140 of 145 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
If only I can get my hands on some stones like UG's. I'm sure this scape will change as time progresses, so who knows. Thanks for the suggestion man and also thanks for the Rotala's. I know they're gonna look pretty fresh in this tank.
Actually the place that I found my 10 gallon rimless at (The Aquarium Showroom) has a counter dedicated to ADA products with about the same prices as the AFA store. You could try looking for ADA rocks there

Eheim Classic 2213
Eheim Pimp #341

post #141 of 145 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooTycoonMaster View Post
Actually the place that I found my 10 gallon rimless at (The Aquarium Showroom) has a counter dedicated to ADA products with about the same prices as the AFA store. You could try looking for ADA rocks there
Thanks Zoo. I was just there about a week ago, but I was not looking for rocks. That's probably how I missed it. I know Dolphin has plenty of nice rocks too. I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them. We'll have to see. I wish I had my own bank account sometimes.
post #142 of 145 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement

This tank has been officially torn down and I've moved all the plants I wanted to the new tank. Today the fish are going into the new tank. The 40B is planted! Not quite what I had in mind but I think it'll be fine once it fills in.
post #143 of 145 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Aroid Addict

I can't wait to see what you do with the 40. You going to create a new journal for it or just continue it in this one?

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O
Lego's Comprehensive Grow List - From Acorus to Zephyranthes
New 40 Breeder Scape --- Low Tech 20H
Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #144 of 145 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaniac89 View Post
I can't wait to see what you do with the 40. You going to create a new journal for it or just continue it in this one?
I'd like to show everyone how it looks like atm but my damn BNP's are tearin up the tank. The ADA AS & turface are a lot lighter than my last substrate so it's easily dislodged when a fish like the BNP's play in it. I'll most likely make a new journal when I get the chance. I'm just dissapointed these fish will really take the boot now, since they've uprooted most of my UG . Anybody want these fish?
post #145 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I know this thread is no more, but I must say that this picture:

is the greatest! Looks like a Ram/Shrimp stand off! Love it

Happy Fish Keeping
My Ever-Evolving Tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode