30 High (Goldfish Mollies Baby Guppies) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

30 High (Goldfish Mollies Baby Guppies)

Newest Image:
January 18, 2015

This is going to be my mix tank. With the fish that don't really seem to go with any of the other tanks. One of them, a black molly, needs to be watched closely for any return of a fungus she had a few months back. The baby guppies need to be in a larger tank than the 2 gallon they are in. The goldfish needs a larger tank that it's 10 gallon. So, I thought I'd put them all in the 30 gallon. Yes, I know, they are not the most compatible fish, but they should all be fine (Maybe...)

Here's pictures of what I've got so far:
30 gallon (Still cycling)

Goldfish (with the mollies, they show up in a few pictures I think.)

Nerite Snail

Current Tank Readings:
<0.5ppm Ammonia (dosing to around 4ppm daily)
>5ppm Nitrite
<10ppm Nitrate
We're getting there (and these are based off last time I tested.)

Plans for plants:
Amazon sword, anubias nana, hornwort, and a crypt are what I'm planning on getting. Going to get them on Friday.

Well, wish me luck! Hopefully the tank is ready soon, it's been cycling for a while. We're getting there, though.

36g-- s.i.p. ...// 10g --16 baby axoltols (wild-type and dirty lucy) // 29 gallon -- Wildtype Axolotl // 40 gallon breeder -- 4.5 inch Painted Turtle // 30 gallon -- Daphnia // 5.5 gallon -- 2 Killfish, 4 emerald dwarf rasbora

Last edited by TurtleShark; 01-18-2015 at 08:06 PM. Reason: New picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PLANTS! I've finally gotten my plants.

I bought a 50-90% dead amazon sword. For more on that one, here's my thread: Amazon Sword questions

I also bought an anubias nana and a bunch of cardinal plants. I've placed four flourish tabs around in the sand for all of the plants.

If you notice the little plastic container in the left corner, you might wonder why it's there. I'm experimenting with a peacock fern and seeing if I can grow it in the water. I plan on giving it real air once or twice a week.

And, if anyone is actually looking at this, I need opinions on the lighting and on the fertilizer (as in, do I need more? Should I dose something like Excel?)

Pictures:

36g-- s.i.p. ...// 10g --16 baby axoltols (wild-type and dirty lucy) // 29 gallon -- Wildtype Axolotl // 40 gallon breeder -- 4.5 inch Painted Turtle // 30 gallon -- Daphnia // 5.5 gallon -- 2 Killfish, 4 emerald dwarf rasbora
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yay! The tank is cycled! I'm moving two female mollies, one goldfish, three adult female guppies, and two baby guppies to the tank tonight. I've already got them in containers for acclimation right now. I don't want to kill any of them.

As normal, the goldfish is swimming around, the white molly is also swimming quite a bit, but my black molly is hanging around at the bottom of the dish. Funny how fish can have their own personalities, right?

And I've decided on a way to help the tank's lighting. I'll just take the 10 gallon hood and position the lights above the gap in the 30's hood. That way I'll have enough lighting (hopefully) for these plants.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The poor goldfish has come down with swim bladder . He's still active, but is floating at the surface. He will attempt to swim to the bottom if he's disturbed. I'm going to fast the tank for three days and then try feeding the goldfish some peas. Hopefully he gets better...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode