So the tank has been through hell and back in the last two months... which is pretty much par for the course at this point
I decided to split the filter output, to eliminate a dead zone in the center of the tank. During the procedure, I managed to break my Gen-x needlewheel pump and it took a couple weeks to find a replacement. (Danner this time
) I ended up injecting CO2 via a powerhead in tank.
The tank also grew in pretty rapidly and got a bit cluttered.
So it was a bit of a perfect storm. The flow pattern and velocity as well as the mist size was constantly changing, and no good came from it.
As you can see, my rocks are once again covered in BBA, and my erio type 2, Tonina lotus flower and Lago Grande all took it pretty hard.
Now, the good news. The BBA is in remission! Now that it is starting to fade, I'm hitting the tank with Excel to hasten it's demise. I'm going to be able to see my hardscape again soon
Also, my significant other has allowed my a new high tech 10 gallon, so I can spread my collectoritis between two tanks! The species that disappeared between updates, that is where they went.
Finally, in an effort to try to finally stabilize the tank, I'm taking it off the EI+50% weekly wc regimen. I've been slowly dropping the levels of nutrients dosed for about 3 weeks now, and I have yet to see any problems. We'll see...