My 10 gal, 20gal to 55 gal low light tank progression! 56K 10/9/11 LOTS of new pics - Page 8 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well that took long enough to do today! Here's pics!

10 gal before:

After:

The 55 gal before:

After:

Fat Cory

Other Cory and flabn plecos

neons

rainbowfish

Black kuhli loach

Crypt Wendtii Red & Crypt Parva

Matthew's 20 gal before:

After:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I really need to do something about that background on the 55 gal for sure. I hate it!
post #108 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 AM
I ♥ BBA!

I was about to ask what happened to the giant skull and spongebob and saw Matthew's tank. Then I went back and saw I missed two posts, and read the same thing. LOL. I wouldn't move the root tabs. They are probably too messy to move. I really like the new scape, especially on the 10 gallon. The 55 is shaping up nicely as well.

Send me your address in a pm. I have a solid blue/black reversible background I can send you. You'll have to pull off some stray tape and wash off the water spots, but I have no use for it since I spray painted the 55. Free of charge, of course. You'll be helping me clean out the closet.

I love the picture of the fat albino cory and nice find on the crypts!

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.
post #109 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Almost didn't post the pics as that background is kinda embarrassing! OMG my style is evolving? lol

Thanks a bunch Sara!!!!
post #110 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:44 AM
I ♥ BBA!

Yup, you are getting much better at scaping. I personally still suck at it after 3 years of trying. Notice my tank has not hardscape? It's for that reason. LOL. So, you are ages ahead of me.

I'll get you the background and root tabs out next week.

Oh, and don't be embarrassed. Just think of it as something to and enjoy how far you've come. Remember when I tried to grow dead moss?

post #111 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You are too funny! OMG I love your scapes! Someday I hope i'm that good!

My hard scape makes me laugh cause I look at that piece of wood that I rescued from the burn pile in the back yard. lol

Oh and that piece I cut off the big piece and put in the 10 gal is almost totally water logged finally!!!! It just barely floats now. So i'm wondering if the big piece is water logged yet but I just wasn't willing to find out today. didn't want to mess with all those dang rocks and moss and loachy likes to hid in the rocks.
post #112 of 126 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I ♥ BBA!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Checking for updates! I like your wood pile rescue. Is your 10 gallon piece water logged yet? Update me!

post #113 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sorry i've been a little mia lately! Just been very busy for awhile. My job is seasonal in the spring and fall...not much time for anything when i'm working. lol and then there was christmas and getting my very small ebay business up and going again. Selling scrapbook stuff. lol

I think the one in the 10 gal is fairly water logged finally not sure about the one in the 50 gal yet. To afraid to mess with it and it was so hard to get weighted down the first time.

Finally getting a new filter for the 50 gal today though! Ordered another marineland emperor 400. The old filter, same kind came with the new very used 50 gal when I got it at a garage sale and from the looks of it had been sitting in the garage for a few years but I was so happy that it worked but was literally held together with rubber bands and missing some pieces and constantly loosing prime and making horrible noises so figured it was time for a new one and save the old one for parts or backup. It should be here today.

Also got a new background from a friend so it'll be a good time today to put that on.

One of these days I do need to get pics of all the tanks again for ya!
post #114 of 126 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Some new pics! Finally! Need to take some more one the hm gets planted. lol and the the glass gets cleaned off!

But got a new background thanks to Sara! and some new plants too!

post #115 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Haven't updated in a while but do have these photos to share!

We got these here on tpt and they've been our favs ever since. Have had them for well over a year now.

These are of the same fish. Male?

Love these long fins. Female?

This one is still smaller than the first one and less whiskers. The one on the right. Female?

Any tips for getting them to breed?

Thanks for looking
post #116 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Is the Tonina sp. 'Belem' plastic background? If so where can I get some. My tank looks like a grave yard now and a nice background would help.
post #117 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I haven't had the best of luck with growing things. lol Friends have given me stuff to try and every once in a while something might take off out of 10 different kinds of plants. lol

So right now there is java moss, java fern, anubias, some kind of sword, crypt wendtii, and a mystery crypt, and some super long pieces of floating anchiris, all in front of a black background.

Haven't had plastic plants in the tank for a good long time.
post #118 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKJ View Post
Haven't had plastic plants in the tank for a good long time.
In the very back the plants are so beautiful looks like they might be part of a picture. Plants or picture?
post #119 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sewingalot has been most helpful at giving me a few plants here and there to see what works and what doesn't. That big clump on the left was so beautiful that she sent but they just wouldn't survive. She even sent me the extra black background. she's so sweet!

I'm ordering a waterbed fill kit next week cause it's really hard to clean and do water changes and this will help since the tank is in the living room next to the kitchen so i'll be able to add water much faster. Then it'll be easier to finally get that mulm off the sand and take some new pics cause those two areas with the java fern and anubias have grown pretty good since those last pics but sadly everything to the far right didn't make it though. Thanks Hilde!
post #120 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKJ View Post
I'm ordering a waterbed fill kit next week
Hope it doesn't have a plastic adaptor for the faucet. Mine did and it wouldn't stay on the faucet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode