I was about to ask what happened to the giant skull and spongebob and saw Matthew's tank. Then I went back and saw I missed two posts, and read the same thing. LOL. I wouldn't move the root tabs. They are probably too messy to move. I really like the new scape, especially on the 10 gallon. The 55 is shaping up nicely as well.
Send me your address in a pm. I have a solid blue/black reversible background I can send you. You'll have to pull off some stray tape and wash off the water spots, but I have no use for it since I spray painted the 55. Free of charge, of course. You'll be helping me clean out the closet.
I love the picture of the fat albino cory and nice find on the crypts!
Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.
You are too funny! OMG I love your scapes! Someday I hope i'm that good!
My hard scape makes me laugh cause I look at that piece of wood that I rescued from the burn pile in the back yard. lol
Oh and that piece I cut off the big piece and put in the 10 gal is almost totally water logged finally!!!! It just barely floats now. So i'm wondering if the big piece is water logged yet but I just wasn't willing to find out today. didn't want to mess with all those dang rocks and moss and loachy likes to hid in the rocks.
Sorry i've been a little mia lately! Just been very busy for awhile. My job is seasonal in the spring and fall...not much time for anything when i'm working. lol and then there was christmas and getting my very small ebay business up and going again. Selling scrapbook stuff. lol
I think the one in the 10 gal is fairly water logged finally not sure about the one in the 50 gal yet. To afraid to mess with it and it was so hard to get weighted down the first time.
Finally getting a new filter for the 50 gal today though! Ordered another marineland emperor 400. The old filter, same kind came with the new very used 50 gal when I got it at a garage sale and from the looks of it had been sitting in the garage for a few years but I was so happy that it worked but was literally held together with rubber bands and missing some pieces and constantly loosing prime and making horrible noises so figured it was time for a new one and save the old one for parts or backup. It should be here today.
Also got a new background from a friend so it'll be a good time today to put that on.
One of these days I do need to get pics of all the tanks again for ya!
Sewingalot has been most helpful at giving me a few plants here and there to see what works and what doesn't. That big clump on the left was so beautiful that she sent but they just wouldn't survive. She even sent me the extra black background. she's so sweet!
I'm ordering a waterbed fill kit next week cause it's really hard to clean and do water changes and this will help since the tank is in the living room next to the kitchen so i'll be able to add water much faster. Then it'll be easier to finally get that mulm off the sand and take some new pics cause those two areas with the java fern and anubias have grown pretty good since those last pics but sadly everything to the far right didn't make it though. Thanks Hilde!