My 10 gal, 20gal to 55 gal low light tank progression! 56K 10/9/11 LOTS of new pics - Page 7 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I have some kind of excell that i'd gotten for bba at one time but i'd rather just use some seachem root tabs if I can.

But plants and fish have been in the mail since tues and wed. Once set has been in the same state it has been mailed since tues and my po thinks it's lost. lol Crossing my fingers though and hoping for the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well all fish arrived yesterday morning and plants too. All are alive and healthy. My son and I are very pleased. Still feeling pretty crapy so i'll try and take pics soon.
post #93 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKJ View Post
Thank you Bahugo! Just got done reading your whole breeding project journal. Really neat and love watching the emersed palnts grow.

My son is 10. Thank goodness this wasn't a really bad cold. Just hate it when he gets sick.

I know I wish several of the people here lived closer! There are two clubs. Think one is in the champaign area and the other in the peoria. I have joined their yahoo groups but I guess I should actually post and introduce my self in case there is somebody alot closer that I maybe able to ride with to their auctions and such cause our cars aren't really the greatest so aside from going to springfield or lincoln we don't like to drive them too far.

We moved back from IN when my son was in Kindergarden and now he's a 5th grader. We live with my dad So i'm a divorced single mom. When we left we brought my cat and dog and our fish and a big uhaul. lol My dad is not lonley anymore. We just had the 2.5 gal at the time and dad bought us our 10 gal and got us started. Think he enjoys the fish as well. So not alot of money usually but we are way better off now and way happier!

Their is one guy here that lives close in springfield and gave me some plants about 4 yrs ago I or 3 and it turned out we used to work in the same building. So this is just the coolest place.

Think there's a pic of my son in the last batch of pics.

Gotta tackle your shrimp journal next Bahugo!
Hah, I kinda consolidated both journals that's why the one journal died back. There's alot of chitter chatter in the other journal but it's interesting!

You should try searching the clubs, maybe they will have an actual website where they will have info about their meetings and stuff like that.

That's crazy that you worked with the guy. Small world!

Quote:
Really need get that 20 gal set up. But it never fails and now i've got my son's cold. Hate being sick.

Sick or not tomorrow that dang thing is getting set up and water changes will be done. Hopefully the endlers and lfabn's will be here tomorrow. lol
Quote:
Well all fish arrived yesterday morning and plants too. All are alive and healthy. My son and I are very pleased. Still feeling pretty crapy so i'll try and take pics soon.
Can't wait too see pics! Hope you get better. Glad everything came healthy!

My dirty journal
Fraternity of dirt #8
post #94 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Well all fish arrived yesterday morning and plants too. All are alive and healthy.
Where did you buy from? What was the shipment cost?
post #95 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

post #96 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Bought from here.
What plants and fish did you get?
post #97 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Got some endlers for the 10 gal. Got some long finned albino bristlenose plecos for the 55 gal and they are beautiful! And the plants I got donated from a friend on a different site all together. lol

Planted water sprite
Narrow leaf sag
Sunset Hygro
Red Ludwigia
Floating water sprite
little piece of guppy grass
crypt
post #98 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Forgot to ask but will seachem flourish tabs work for these plants? Which ones will need it? The box only has 10 tabs in it. lol Aside from the tabs I only have flourish excell in a bottle.
post #99 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Planted Tank Guru

All of the root plants will like them. I don't think there is a one that needs it more in the group.
post #100 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here's some new pics or all the tanks.

55 gal

Pirate skull with kuhli coming out or the tooth and two of my new long finned albino bristlenose plecos

Fat albino cory

The 2.5 gal in Matthew room. Just has a little java moss and a anubias. Haven't put anything in it yet. Maybe a few endlers?

The 20 gal in Matthew's room with the two buenos aries tetras. They to themselfes banned from the 55gal for eating plants so they just get a fake plant and a ship with Java moss on it since they don't eat the moss.

Pic of the plexi I put under the hood so make the tank hood safer in case Blackberry the cat jumps on it.

My 1.5 gal in my room. Still in progress of course. Just has some java fern, java moss and and anibias in it. The led lighting on this thing stinks. Gonna have to get a little desk light for it. Maybe put an endler in there too?

The 10 gal endler tank in my room.

What drives me nuts is it looks like there a bunch of debris floating around in there but I think it's just bubbles from the filter? It's just got the 10 gal hob filter that it came with.

These endlers are so dang active it's hard to get a decent pic of them!

WHEN IS SHE GONNA POP? She's been that big since last saturday when we got her and now it's thursday.

She's so huge! lol Matthew is constantly checking to see if she's had babies yet.
post #101 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Tanks are looking super good!

My dirty journal
Fraternity of dirt #8
post #102 of 126 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks Bahugo!

Thinking that since that little anubias is doing so good in that little 2.5 gal tank and there's no fish i'm sonna stick some of my other anubias plants and some java ferns in need of some tlc in there too.

For some reason in the endler tank there's algea doing some damage on the anubias.
post #103 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I ♥ BBA!

How are the tanks doing? I am catching up on some of my favorite tanks/people and I am curious how the plants and fish are doing that you got in a while ago. Did the guppy have babies yet? She looked like she was ready to have them within a week.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.
post #104 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well today is water change day! yipee lol I'll try to take pics of what the tanks look like now and then after. I figure water change day is probably the best day to rescape as well. Hope my batteries in the camera hold out!

I'm actually dreading this because my scaping skills are not good. I've just kinda been putting plants in anywhere just to let them grow out but with root tabs I kinda want to put them where they'll look good and where they'll stay for a good while.

Wonder if I can find and move the rood tabs i've already put in?

Will definately be taking out some of the over grown java moss again. lol Taking out the spongebob stuff and probably the skull. Will put those in the 20 tal in Matthew's room. Maybe add a couple rocks to the 50 gal and the piece of driftwood with the anubias on it back to 50 gal also and try to mak a little cave out of the two small pieces of driftwood. Will be addin some new crypt to the 50 and 10 gals and taking some plants our of the 1o and into the 50 and removing some moss from the 10 gal as well.

Who knows what will happen...not me. lol I'll just be glad to have plants planted and the water changes over.

Oh and we added 2 ottos and 2 baby albino cories yesterday.
post #105 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
CKJ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

OMG that's the first time i've had to deal with that cotton stuff. The crypts were potted and that took a good while to get that stuf out of the roots!

The crypts are 2 pots of Crypt Red Wendtii which says low to moderate light and the other pot was Crypt parva which says moderate light. Yikes!!! I really hope I didn't make a huge mistake there with the lighting requirements and that it makes it in out tanks! I was able to seperate the parva a little and get a few little plantlets which will go in the 10 gal and the big bunch into the 50. I got the new crupts from walmart! They were $4.something a piece. Really hope they do good for us!

Pretty much got before photos taken and took the skull and spongebob house and figures out and put them into Matthew 20 gal and now he doesn't want the spongebob house in there which you can barely see for all the java moss on it but he does want the skull and figures left in it. lol

Also clipped the anubias leaves that had alot of algea on them and tossed that into the 50.

This is gonna be a long day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode