Foundation - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
GWU
Algae Grower

Foundation

Foundation is an idea of a tree grow on a slope! Hope you will like it!

There are some more picture on the below link!
http://www.cau-aqua.net/index.php?op...d=218&PageNo=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Fear the Swamp!

wow that is gorgeous!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Wannabe Guru

Now that's an aquascape!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Thank you for the introduction to the "Foundation" aquascape.

This is definitely a hot "new style" right now. It has Amano's attention, based on the ADA aquascape contest.

And I am also as big a fan as anyone.

It's obvious that a ton of work went into this scape. I would be particulary interested in seeing some of the initial setup photos.

Ted

ADA 90p - Set up April 2007 - Journal
46g - Terminated March 2007 - Journal
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
planted tank sickness

me oh my... layouts like this inspire more questions than they answer.

please post setup photos.

amazing layout.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to Wingsdlc
If you go to the website listed, then copy and paste the address into google it will offer you a translated page. Then you can find step by step of the setups.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

Yeah, i agree about the initial set up photos. One of my favouite things about nature aquarium journals are the step by step photos.

"You think you have tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes it's not tomorrow; it's now- and that's all you have" - Marc Johnson
Ehei-Pimpfen 276 yo!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
GWU
Algae Grower

Thank for all who like this layout and appreciate to all of you.
unirdna, I agree with you, the nature aquarium dominate the current trend of aquascape contest, but there is still a lot of plant lover they like to keep aquatic plant and Dutch layout style. Here in Hong Kong, most of the hobbyist are also plant keeper, only some like us enjoy the nature aquarium.

The difficulty of this layout is not the layout idea, because I just replicate the tree grow at a slope, there is a lot of slope next to my home, so would have chance to take a closer look. The real difficulty is what you have mention "the slope". It is too hard for me to set up, because I have to clean up all Seachem substrate from the tank and move it back again, I only take the photo after it finish.

How to concrete it and don't let it slip down? Actually, it is too difficulty to explain in a short paragraph, simply said that it is a under substrate filter system at the bottom. Since I haven't take the picture, so give me some time to draw and write an article about how to setup the slope, I will post the set up later.

SearunSimpson, I am sorry that I haven't take the setup step by step photo, I just layout it as according to my idea to plant the moss with some photo reference, but one thing very important is how to position your plant. The rule of thumb is to align with the prespective grid. For a nature aquarium, all the position of hardscape and plant should simulate as a real sense, the prespective rule is the basic, like bigger at front smaller at the back.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
GWU
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsdlc View Post
If you go to the website listed, then copy and paste the address into google it will offer you a translated page. Then you can find step by step of the setups.
Oh! I think we are not expose enough, CAU had launch our English verion in Last May, you can use the link on below to access our English version, or there is a small button under the manual bar to switch between Chinese and English version, so no need the google tranlation any more.

http://www.cau-aqua.net/index.php?lang=en

Please enjoy and give us some comment!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWU View Post
The difficulty of this layout is not the layout idea, because I just replicate the tree grow at a slope, there is a lot of slope next to my home, so would have chance to take a closer look. The real difficulty is what you have mention "the slope". It is too hard for me to set up, because I have to clean up all Seachem substrate from the tank and move it back again, I only take the photo after it finish.

How to concrete it and don't let it slip down? Actually, it is too difficulty to explain in a short paragraph, simply said that it is a under substrate filter system at the bottom. Since I haven't take the picture, so give me some time to draw and write an article about how to setup the slope, I will post the set up later.
Oh this will be awesome - TIA for sharing this with us!

Your tank is beautiful.

Tampa Bay Aquarium Society - Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!
TBAS Annual Fish Auction - November 1st!!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 05:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Very very cool! Gives the impression that the tree roots are holding up the slope. This is some serious creativity!

Ted

ADA 90p - Set up April 2007 - Journal
46g - Terminated March 2007 - Journal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode