Suga Shack - 55 gallon - Where is my algae hiding? :( (56K) - Page 97 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1441 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

MuchoFlatulosOnara - 私は何回もおならしている。- a new organic shrimp fart enhancer. Specifically formulated for sensitive freshwater invertebrates. More frequent and flowery aroma

hahahahahahaha.... sorry.

i like the FTS. it doesnt look cluttered at all.

125g Mud tank.
(A)narchy Love
The Fraternity of Dirt #2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
I ♥ BBA!

No worries, non-c. I actually had to pm him about that signature it had me in stitches this morning. If all we talked about was plants in this journal, it'd all be on two pages.

Just wait, it'll be cluttered in no time. Mark's plant is my last addition the blyxa albertii (am I even spelling this right?) and perhaps some repens (hint) in the future. It'll be a ludwigia/sword paradise. With of course, my friend blyxa. I'm trying to get it to look like a garden of sorts. Larger areas of the same plant and not just a hodgepodge of the latest fad. Some people like Tex Gal and Cardinal Tetra can pull off the collectoritis. Me? It just looks like........fill in the blank here yourself. I imagine my great grandma's garden. Goofy? Probably, but that is my current inspiration. Getting back to basics, so to speak. I think she'd be pleased to here I am using dirt in the tank.

Do people even want to hear these anecdotes? Ah, who cares if not. It's easy to skip over and look at the pictures if I bore you....or look elsewhere, right?

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.
post #1443 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

actually if all you talked about was plants, itd be pretty boring and just like every other thread.

125g Mud tank.
(A)narchy Love
The Fraternity of Dirt #2
post #1444 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
i enjoy the anecdotes. Its one of the things that keeps me coming back for more!
post #1445 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your little red lotus (im assuming) bulb is looking like its making a come back! this will add some awesome red to this already great tank! i like the idea of a garden scape. makes me want to try something like that. now if only i could plant tulip bulbs in my aquarium! im more of an outdoor gardener but the place we live in says im cant create flower beds or a garden... pretty lame in my opinion.

i love that sword. maybe ill try one some day. i failed pretty hard on them in the beginning. it seems as though your BBA has preferences.. i think its being pampered to much.. all these ferts its getting... no wonder it grows where it pleases..

Amy

Long & Low 15 gallon (Scarlet Badis)
Algae Pimp
post #1446 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Aubertii
post #1447 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by macclellan View Post
Aubertii
had to look that up. i can see why you like it. its beautiful!!! to have that in an aquarium?!?!?! that would be epic!

Amy

Algae Pimp
post #1448 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonconductive View Post
MuchoFlatulosOnara - 私は何回もおならしている。- a new organic shrimp fart enhancer. Specifically formulated for sensitive freshwater invertebrates. More frequent and flowery aroma

hahahahahahaha.... sorry.
Newly reformulated for enhanced propulsion.
post #1449 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
I ♥ BBA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonconductive View Post
actually if all you talked about was plants, itd be pretty boring and just like every other thread.
I think your thread is quite entertaining. Oh wait....I got you off topic over there, too. Oh, well. At least I keep you entertained, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
i enjoy the anecdotes. Its one of the things that keeps me coming back for more!
Well that settles it. To keep you entertained and selling fish here, I'll just keep thinking of random stories for you. For instance, my friends used to give me topics to talk about just to see if I could think of something to say. I know a lot about nothing. Yea, I'm a chatter box. Poor husband. He looks forward to the days I get sick with a sore throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGrl View Post
Your little red lotus (im assuming) bulb is looking like its making a come back! this will add some awesome red to this already great tank! i like the idea of a garden scape. makes me want to try something like that. now if only i could plant tulip bulbs in my aquarium! im more of an outdoor gardener but the place we live in says im cant create flower beds or a garden... pretty lame in my opinion.

i love that sword. maybe ill try one some day. i failed pretty hard on them in the beginning. it seems as though your BBA has preferences.. i think its being pampered to much.. all these ferts its getting... no wonder it grows where it pleases..

Amy
The little red lotus was actually a surprise gift from Mac. I'm telling you guys, if this guy ever wants to trade with you, don't hesitate. I felt spoiled opening that box of plants and he recycles!

That sucks that you can't create an outdoor garden, especially if you like to garden. True story - I love daisy flowers....aster, shasta, any of the white ones. So last year, I planted a bunch of daisies and then had to spend a week with my brother while my mom was out of town for surgery. After coming home, I couldn't find one daisy. I was really sad because they were about to bloom when I had left. I ask the old man about it and he just lowered his head and said "I thought those were weeds." I stopped trying to grow flowers after that, lol.

Haha, go back a few posts and see where the daffodils were growing out of the lake we went to. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Funny thing is I keep forgetting to add fertilizers except root tabs. And for the first time, the bba isn't doing so hot. No worries, though! I snapped it up and tossed it into my algae tank. You all are going to love the new tank. I just realized....I'll have to put the blue pearls in quarantine if I ever want to sell them. They are so full of algae, lol.

Quote:
Aubertii
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGrl View Post
had to look that up. i can see why you like it. its beautiful!!! to have that in an aquarium?!?!?! that would be epic!

Amy
Thanks! I'm trying to spell it like my accent pronounces it. LOL! I can hardly wait! Mark's going to ship it soon and I just hope it does well for me. It's going in behind the sword on the left.

Quote:
Newly reformulated for enhanced propulsion.
Men (notice I didn't say boys, non-c) and their humor with bodily functions. . . . Actually after growing up with two older brothers, I could tell you quite a few ornery jokes. They'd get me to say them and I would like a little parrot and get into big trouble. LOL. The best part of your new signature? Now I don't have to see the word m@99ot.

post #1450 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 02:06 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
I just love your angel fish. I think you should take some pictures of her now just for me.
She's still in time out, so no pics. I'm freaking out for the blackies because I have to put her back into the tank and I won't be able to supervise bc. I'll be out of town for a few days
post #1451 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
I ♥ BBA!

Maybe the time out will help though? Sometimes moving them out of the tank and back in seems to give the hierarchy an upset. We used to separate our cichlids and when they got reintroduced, they seemed to drop in the pecking order for a good week or more. Have fun out of town!

Speaking of aggression, this guy needs to be taught some manners on sharing:

Don't worry, that BBA gravel was moved over safely to the algae tank. And I actually handed this wafer to the little guy and he actually made me smile. I think I am officially in love. By the way, this is Scampi Jr. (named after Chaos' shrimp).

post #1452 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

GREEDY Scampi Jr.!!!!

Algae Pimp
post #1453 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Planted Tank VIP

Those are nice shots! I wonder if you could remove the algae wafer in the pic and insert a waffle Feel free to repost this pic when you are ready
post #1454 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 05:00 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

i love red claw macros for that very reason lol cant wait to get mine from cardinal tetra!!

GONE HUNTING
post #1455 of 2954 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
I ♥ BBA!

LOL, Chad. At the risk of getting a flash mob.....I really don't like waffles. There. I said it and I feel better. Corncakes, pancakes? Wonderful! Waffles? Nah. I don't like syrup enough. Something about the texture kind of disturbs me, lol. Plus it's cheaper/faster to make pancakes.

Matt - they really are neat shrimp, even if they are sinister looking. I've traded with CT for quite a while now. He's a great guy. Spoils you.

Edit: Yes Amy, this guy is very greedy, lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode