Ok some updates
Here's how it looked when it was freshly planted:
I ended up going with L. Arcuata on the back left corner, P. Helferi for the left foreground, Dwarf Hairgrass Belem for the left midground, M. Monte Carlo for the 'valley', R. sp. Bonsai for the right corner and S. Repens for the right mid and foreground.
Here's what it looks like 2 and a half weeks later:
Sadly, something happened with the S. Repens - major melt. Looked like some disease or something. I hope they bounce back to the glory in the first pic:
The MonteCarlo was from a Tropica 1-2-Grow pot. Major melting of the emersed growth as well but some new growth coming along:
Surprisingly, after a daily water change in the first week and one every other day in the second, the notorious Ammonia Spike had dissipated. I did have trace Nitrite levels and some nitrate levels but decided to let some shrimp and a snail loose in there to keep the diatom algae at bay and to munch on the dying leaves so that the new growth on the plants could be optimal. Heres an inhabitant in his new home:
The Ecoxotic light has been awesome so far - my L. Arcuata is actually pretty red. You can't really see from this pic but notice the reddish new growth and the general red tint in the first pic.
Heres hoping, that the carpet of Monte Carlo will happen slowly but surely and the S. Repens kicks back with a vengeance!
Album updated for higher res pics: http://imgur.com/a/tHtPS