20 gallon long journal//new pics added 3/3 - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Does the tank have a cover? Do any of you ever have fish losses by jumping out???

Love the tank, can't wait to see more pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittytango View Post
Does the tank have a cover? Do any of you ever have fish losses by jumping out???

Love the tank, can't wait to see more pictures!
Thank you kittytango!
There is no cover, and actually I haven't have any losses (so far )
I guess I'm having pretty good luck considering that I have at least one cat constantly in my room.
post #33 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to scilence
lol, i got this one suicidal endler that jumps out everytime i do water changes or mess wit the tank. its the same one every time 2.

simon.
post #34 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scilence View Post
lol, i got this one suicidal endler that jumps out everytime i do water changes or mess wit the tank. its the same one every time 2.
Haha. Yeah, Endlers like pulling some freak stunts.
One time one of them somehow "jumped?" into my filter...
post #35 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I got all of my plants in this week (:
Went kind of crazy in the S&S and went all out like i promised. I ordered some dwarf riccia, dwarf hair grass, floaters, and an assortment of others like a sword and some other plant I don't know the name of.

Two nice full baggies from fishman9809 (:
Thanks buddy! And I KNOW! I haven't taken pictures of them planted yet. I tried but they were so ugly and blurry. I WILL THOUGH. Promise (: (: (:

They are so nice and healthy! Beautiful plants.

And here is the dwarf hair grass I got from eyebeatbadgers. Great stuff and a huge patch for little cost. Highly recommend buying from him!

Love it! But the mail box was totally beat up. I was so surprise. I guess our mailing service is going down the toilet.

I tried planting them with about 10 needles per bunch. Hope it grows out nicely. (:

I haven't taken pictures of the dwarf riccia yet, but it was really good quality. Got it from icex.

This is from erthlng. Unfortunately got a little cooked int he mail, but I'm hoping it will recover.

I'll try and take some full tank photo tomorrow. Been kinda busy and not feeling too well.

Thanks. Comment welcome. (:
Hope everyone is having a good week, day, year, life.

Last edited by mizu-chan; 07-13-2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: edit picture
post #36 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via AIM to deleted_user_16
make sure u flip the floaters right side u or else they will rot and die.
post #37 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman9809 View Post
make sure u flip the floaters right side u or else they will rot and die.
Yeah, the majority of them are flipped over. The brown ones are the ones that probably died in the mail.
post #38 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to youareafever
nice build, i just started a 20g build too....maybe you can coach me on how to do this right.

btw i have a couple jager heaters ive never used cuz im dumb and bought them when i really dont need it. 100 watt. pm me and ill hook u up.
post #39 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareafever View Post
nice build, i just started a 20g build too....maybe you can coach me on how to do this right.

btw i have a couple jager heaters ive never used cuz im dumb and bought them when i really dont need it. 100 watt. pm me and ill hook u up.
I can give you any information you need! Just ask. Pretty new to it as well, but once you go along with it for awhile you learn a lot (:
Plus I think it's a prefect size for a tank.
You got PM.
post #40 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to p3purr
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu-chan View Post

Is this straight Shultz or Eco and Shultz mixed? I'm thinking about using a 50/50 or 75/25 mix of Eco and Shultz and was wondering how they looked mixed.

I really like what you're doing with the tank, great lighting. Thanks for the thread.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
post #41 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3purr View Post
Is this straight Shultz or Eco and Shultz mixed? I'm thinking about using a 50/50 or 75/25 mix of Eco and Shultz and was wondering how they looked mixed.

I really like what you're doing with the tank, great lighting. Thanks for the thread.
Thanks so much p3purr! The lighting came out so much better than I thought. (:
This is Shultz and Eco mixed. I really tired to cap the Shultz with Eco, but they blended together during fill up. I highly recommend putting these together (: My plants love the stuff and they root really fast.
Good luck and keep me updated with what you do!
post #42 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to p3purr
Wow, mixture looks great, exactly what i'm looking for. I like how black makes the fish stand out but browns look a bit more natural. This mix is perfect and looks great in your tank. I didn't realize until the other day that Shultz and Profile were the same thing.

It will be a while before I my 30 set up, have all the stuff just have a problem with the room the tank's going in.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
post #43 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

FWIW I think you should replant the hairgrass less densely. It will spread faster. I did an experiment in one of my tanks, in which I planted thicker clumps of it in one corner, but only 3-4 blades per clump everywhere else, and the thicker clumps barely spread at all, only eventually to be covered by some algae I never quite identified.

The other smaller clumps spread rapidly and were green green GREEN!!!!

But ymmv of course.
post #44 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church View Post
FWIW I think you should replant the hairgrass less densely. It will spread faster. I did an experiment in one of my tanks, in which I planted thicker clumps of it in one corner, but only 3-4 blades per clump everywhere else, and the thicker clumps barely spread at all, only eventually to be covered by some algae I never quite identified.

The other smaller clumps spread rapidly and were green green GREEN!!!!

But ymmv of course.
It think that is an excellent idea. I've been watching it since I planted it and its growing... but sooo slowly. And don't even get me started at the rate its spreading.

Thanks for the heads up, and that is whats going to be on my agenda for tonights activities (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3purr View Post
Wow, mixture looks great, exactly what i'm looking for. I like how black makes the fish stand out but browns look a bit more natural. This mix is perfect and looks great in your tank. I didn't realize until the other day that Shultz and Profile were the same thing.

It will be a while before I my 30 set up, have all the stuff just have a problem with the room the tank's going in.
Thanks! Yeah I was really happy with the outcome. I was going to cap it with black gravel at first, but I figured that I'd spend a little more money for something thats like 10 times better for my plants. (:
Can't wait to see your tank set up!
post #45 of 656 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Hey mizu-chan, my girlfriend and I just have to know... what's going on with you in that avatar pic of yours? It almost looks like you're on mushrooms or something, lol. I'm sorry to be off-topic, but everytime she sees your avatar on the screen she keeps asking me if I've found out what it means yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode