This tank is somewhat a reincarnation of my previous tank 13.3 Bow Front Sort of Kind of Wannabe Dutch ;)
which unfortunately I tore down because I found a crack in one of the lower corners and wasn't willing to risk it:
Then, I recently moved and in the process lost all my plants except some mayaca fluviatilis and swords. So, I have been in the process of buying back the plants I lost over the last few months and getting this tank up and running.
Current tank is a standard DPG sale 40 breeder.
- ADA aquasoil
- 4x 39 watt aquaticlife fixture
- pressurized co2
- EI dosing
- cyperus helfiri
- rotala sp. green
- A. Reineckii mini
- S. repens
- ludwigia sp. red
- ludwigia pantanal
- star grass
- rotala colorata
- syngonanthus belem
- rotala wallichii
- Hemianthus micranthemoides
- lobelia cardinalis 'small form'
- A. Reineckii 'variegated'
1 betta and 1 sad neon tetra who lost his friends during the move (he is actually getting rehomed this weekend)
My lobelia cardinalis is doing awful. It was doing really well and then just started melting away out of nowhere. This is the second time I've had this plant, and I have no luck with it.
I have been trying to problem solve why my reds, especially my pantanal and colorata are more green than red. I ordered new bulbs for the tank and just started dosing iron at the suggestion of some helpful people here. Reineckii mini was emersed form when it arrived and still seems to be adjusting.
Plant groupings etc. are not even close to where I want them at this point, but I figured I'd let everything settle in and grow a bit before I continue messing with the arrangement of things, but suggestions on arrangement etc. and critique are always welcome. I'm still a newbie at all this