This is just a quick post, will try and keep up on it. Not really a "build" but will update progress.
I'm broke and a cheapskate so I gather equipment slowly lol. Took me about 3 months to get stand, tank, filter, heater, light. Once I got that I started looking for the substrate. I decided to go with Flora-max / ecocomplete / black Diamond sand mix. Began planting with plants I had been storing in a pond tank on my porch. And added a few fish. So here's the rundown.
Filter: Aquaclear 110
Heater: 200w x2
Light: 4bulb T5 (older model will be replaced soon)
Fluval full spectrum LED.
Substrate: Ecocomplete/Flora-max/Black sand
Plants: cryptocoryne wendtii
Dwarf Java moss
Fish: GBR male (he lost his mate)
2 blue acara (waiting to see if pair)
6 panda cories
10 glow light tetra
7 neon tetra
5 harlequin rasboras
Anyways let me know what yall think.
UPDATED PIC 6/6/14
Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk