I recently redid my old 10 gallon tank to make it more shrimp friendly. I decided to make a journal this time to help me keep track of this tanks progress. Here are the specifics:
Aquaclear 30 for filtration as well as a sponge filter
2x 13 watt cfls for lighting
Hydor Theo 50 watt heater
Activ Flora substrate
Plants include Java fern, dwarf sag and various types of crypts eventually.
My goal is to keep this tank super low tech with no plants I need to trim. It will eventually house my PFR colony that is in my 29 gallon after it builds up some more biofilm. I know it looks empty right now but the dwarf sag should quickly start spreading runners and the crypts on the left should bounce back.
Moved over about 25 shrimp today from my 29. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to catch them. There's still a couple left in the other tank but I'll catch them eventually. Still waiting for it to grow in more but it's starting to look good.
Nothing's really changed with this tank as everything in it is a slow grower. It's a perfect low maintenance tank. The shrimp are all doing great and I have my first couple of berries. They seem to be doing better in here than they did in the 29
Saw my first baby shrimp today but I can only find one. Hopefully there are others hiding and I have a better survival rate than just one shrimp. Another female is berried and I put a slice of zucchini in. I havnt done a water change since the shrimp have been added but I plan on doing one this weekend. Everything else is going great.