So I decided to dedicate half a day yesterday and work on my Co2 setup, here is what I ended up doing:
- Wire brushed the threads, and anodized my paintball Co2 adapter, orange color.
- Removed needle valve that came with Atomic Intense Regulator.
- Attached 10-32 male to male connector.
- Attached Clippard ET-2M-12 Solenoid to manifold(I wanted 12volts low voltage for control with Arduino/Coralux Storm)
- Attached manifold to 10-32 male connector.
- Attached Clippard MNV-4 Needle valve ( I would have preferred to use a Fabco NV-55, but this is what I already had, the needle valve that came with the Regulator supposed to be good, but I don't like those slip/compression fittings)
- Attached a 10-32 to 1/8 hose barb adapter.
There isn't one-way valve attached, as I like to use inline ones instead, makes it easier to replace, rather than taking apart a regulator setup.
I really like Clippard stuff, they have good miniature stuff and each of their parts comes with rubber gaskets to make a seal. Teflon tape is hard to use in non tapered threads, and thread sealant can be messy to use and when removing it, it leaves crumbs that can get lodged into places. So far, I didn't see any leaks, but I wanted to get some bubble soap, just used dishwasher soapy water. Best part now, is I can actually remove the regulator with the adapter from the paintball tank when its still pressurized. The anodized adapter really helped with the thread interfaces, next time, I'll just make my own damn adapter, I have the ATSM specifications for paintball marker tank interfaces now. Anyways, here is my progress, or rather final results.