Hey everyone, this will be my first ever TRUE planted tank, i have my 10 gallon that ive been messing with, with about 5-7 different plants, but it was nothing serious, i decided to really try to do a great tank, so here i am. i have a 75 gallon sitting empty, but decided to buy myself a new 20Long to make my first go at this on a smaller scale as it is much more expensive im sure to setup a 75 gallon planted tank.
The Equipment i will be running is
- 30" Finnex Fugeray Planted+
- Eheim Jager Heater 9" 75 Watt
- Yet to be determined (I have an Aquaclear 50 im not using, should i use this or get something different?)
- 15-20lb tank with CHOICE CO2 Regulator from GLA
- Atomic+ from GLA - with Check Valve - 60mm
- ADA Aquasoil
- i really need to research this subject ALOT over the next 2 or 3 weeks as i know nothing about this at all, and every time i try and learn it i get so overwhelmed with it all, im really looking for something easy, that will do the job and keep my tank super healthy.
everything is brand new, and now i hope im done spending money as wow... just wow. i blew alot of money on this project, but the way i see it is the CO2 regulator will last me forever, and the Finnex will last me a long while as well.
What my goals are
My goal like everyone else is to keep Algae away, ive been battling it in my 10 gallon, and do not want to go through it in this 20 long, i really want a lush healthy tank.
im thinking of trying to go for a Dutch style, but im not sure i have the skills to make this happen. im really going to take this day by day and see where it takes me, and hopefully i get some guidance in this thread from experienced hobbyists, as im sure i can use all the tips and tricks i can get as i stumble through this.
This is also on my list of things to study, as i have NO CLUE what plants i want to get, i know i want everything to look orderly like a dutch style, so i have alot of studying to do..
i AM going to have a bit of a HC carpet though, as you can see in the pictures below i just planted the plugs today! hopefully it works out during this dry start..
So! here is what i have so far, and the 2 next steps are
2) Figure out what ferts to use for this system!
First layer of paint for the backround!
here is what i will stare at for the next 3-4 weeks
this is an idea of what i have in mind, but im not 100% on this yet.
Thanks for joining me! i will be sure to update alot! if anyone has any tips on what ferts to go with that is very much appreciated!