New Hi-Tech Rimless 20 Long - *Dutch-ish / Iwagumi* +20L Reef dual setup - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Looking good ;D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theericafish View Post
Looking good ;D

Thanks man! Finally got some fish lined up... Got some Chili Rasboras lined up to get here in a few weeks but my LFS is getting some Galaxy Rasboras/ Celestial Pearl Danios tomorrow... trying to hold out on them and wait for these chili rasboras.

Anyone have any recommendations or experience with the 2.. I actually never kept CPDs. Kinda wanting the chili rasboras but I dont know much about them. I figure they are pretty easy to keep

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=582193

“We are star stuff which has taken its destiny into its own hands.” ― Carl Sagan
post #18 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 07:28 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgilmore2 View Post
Thanks man! Finally got some fish lined up... Got some Chili Rasboras lined up to get here in a few weeks but my LFS is getting some Galaxy Rasboras/ Celestial Pearl Danios tomorrow... trying to hold out on them and wait for these chili rasboras.

Anyone have any recommendations or experience with the 2.. I actually never kept CPDs. Kinda wanting the chili rasboras but I dont know much about them. I figure they are pretty easy to keep
I had cpds, they're a really cool fish with a lot of personality. They flare up and battle eachother. The one downside is in my tank they always hid and are more roamy than schooly. Depends on the effect you are going for I suppose.
post #19 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theericafish View Post
I had cpds, they're a really cool fish with a lot of personality. They flare up and battle eachother. The one downside is in my tank they always hid and are more roamy than schooly. Depends on the effect you are going for I suppose.
Yeah I was reading up on them more last night and heard the same. I guess I'm going to hold out and get the Chili Rasboras or maybe just a big school of green neons.

“We are star stuff which has taken its destiny into its own hands.” ― Carl Sagan
post #20 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Planted Member

Awesome hardscape. I look forward to seeing this tank mature.
The salt water tank is lovely.
The quality of your photographs is fantastic. What camera do you use?
post #21 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1415 View Post
Awesome hardscape. I look forward to seeing this tank mature.
The salt water tank is lovely.
The quality of your photographs is fantastic. What camera do you use?
Thanks a lot!

Right now Im using a slightly older Canon Rebel XTI with just the stock lens. I use a buddies Sony SLT A65 sometimes, waiting to get my hands on it again and do a nice video.

Heres a video of my old tank I shot with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYZFpdoZ_Zc

post #22 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Planted Member

Thank you for sharing the camera info and the video. The Sony SLT A65 really provides some nice clarity and color. I like the depth of focus you used and the video editing. It was a beautiful tank.

post #23 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Thank you for sharing the camera info and the video. The Sony SLT A65 really provides some nice clarity and color. I like the depth of focus you used and the video editing. It was a beautiful tank.
Thanks!

post #24 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Ordered some rotala indica true ammania sp bonsai, Limno aromatica, Rotala sp green, ludwigia tornado and some didiplis diandra.... should be here in the next few days.

Sp green is the only one I've kept, hoping the rest aren't too difficult. Especially the tornado seeing that it's somewhat rare and expensive.

post #25 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ember Tetras or Green Neon Tetras would be cool. I have had CPD's in the past and was disappointed with how shy they were. I currently have 12 Ember Tetras and 10 Sundadanio Axelrodi in my 12g Long, they are rad! The contrast between the two different fish is awesome, great coloring on both species.

I also have a degree in Graphic Design and have been working in advertising since '99.
post #26 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedee View Post
Ember Tetras or Green Neon Tetras would be cool. I have had CPD's in the past and was disappointed with how shy they were. I currently have 12 Ember Tetras and 10 Sundadanio Axelrodi in my 12g Long, they are rad! The contrast between the two different fish is awesome, great coloring on both species.

I also have a degree in Graphic Design and have been working in advertising since '99.
Nice! Still freelancing until I decide where I want to move, or find a job somewhere I can't pass up. Who knows what will happen.

As for the fish, I was thinking green tetra... She had done of them in stock for 2 a piece but shipping is 25$. Starting to think it might be better to just buy cardinals locally and save some money... Trying to convince myself that If I'm going to pay that money ordering online i might as well just wait for the chili rasboras....

Ohh what to do, what to do....

In the meantime, I'm pumped for these new pants to get here. They're on their way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

post #27 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Hello!

Plants came in today. Not exactly pumped though...

most all of the sp green is a collection of nutrient depleted stems that may or may not be able to be saved.. some of it may be due to shipping, but it doesnt look like it. Could be wrong.

The ammania sp bonsai I had to toss out 75% off because it had staghorn or bba on it.. Not sure which one but both of which I wasnt going to risk getting in my tank again (got staghorn like this in my 55 from bad plants)

The limno aromatica was in decent shape along with the tornado and a bunch of di diandra. The aromatica and the tornado had some bad lower leaf action but after trimming off bottom portions, they were not a complete loss.

He did threw in some Myrio for free, and of course, it was the best looking of all.. pretty much looked perfect (figures, the one I didnt want).

This is the second time I've bought plants from this source and I doubt I will again. I'm not one to complain with my hand out, so I havent said anything this time or last...

Oh well, shi* happens right?

I'll post pics once the plants turn their little faces up towards the light... happy tanking.

post #28 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 12:49 AM
Planted Member

Sorry about the quality of the plants...what a disappointment. Good luck turning them around.

As for fish, I have glow light tetras and neon tetras in my 12g long. Both a nice looking, schooling fish, but I have to say, the neon tetras just really pop out, even from a distance. Given a do over, I would go with the neons...better yet the cardinal tetras if they were available locally.

post #29 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Sorry about the quality of the plants...what a disappointment. Good luck turning them around.

As for fish, I have glow light tetras and neon tetras in my 12g long. Both a nice looking, schooling fish, but I have to say, the neon tetras just really pop out, even from a distance. Given a do over, I would go with the neons...better yet the cardinal tetras if they were available locally.
It happens I guess

Yeah, Ive been thinking lately and I don't think I want to spend any more money on fish... theyre just going to dirty the tank up. If anything else, I'll probably just get some cardinals from lfs or petco even... might just stick with shrimp and the few fish that I have right now.

I have 3 panda corys, 2 neons, 1 cardinal and a gold face electric blue balloon ram atm... left over from my old 55

post #30 of 153 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Oh the horror stories, I traded someone at a plant meet and expected the plants to be decently algae free, put them in my tank without checking(what was I thinking?) and battle with hair algae went on for months.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode