CmLaracy's 75P ADA - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I dont mind if only the surface of the rocks are showing through the E. Tenellus, it's a natural look. Is there anything that just stands out as a sort of "no no" or "kinda distracting". I'm going to try and put more wood in, which is proving to be quite difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Planted Tank VIP

No such thing as a "no no".

Do you like it? That is the true question here. You're the one who has to live with it... remember, you can always make some adjustments later if your not happy with the outcome.

post #18 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via MSN to garuf
True words.
just look how many of us do rescapes
post #19 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Ok here's my final attempt for the day, criticisms are welcomed as always, I need to get it right.

post #20 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Planted Tank VIP

Looks awesome. Only suggestion which I think will help you out in the long run... and this is from a maintenance perspective as well.

The wood all the way to the left, that is siumlating an exposed root, move it in a bit more, closer to the far left rock. This will help give some plantable space there as well as give you access to clean the glass without hitting any of the hardscape.

Looks great though man... Good luck with it! can't wait to see it planted!

post #21 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via MSN to garuf
Like it! I'd turn the 2 that are lying down through 90degrees though or at least one, It looks really good, will be amazing once planted up!
post #22 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Ok, here is probably what's going to be the final hardscape, shaped up and clean!

post #23 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Planted Tank VIP

looks good from my house.

post #24 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Algae Grower

dont think theres a right or wrong, long as you personally like it :].
post #25 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks gmccreedy! Are you sure it looks good, or are you saying it to be nice, lol. Okay, I just about finished putting the second coat on my stand, and the third is to be put on later tonight, and the fourth tomorrow. If everything runs swimmingly there will be water in the tank by friday night, with all the plants except for the E. Tenellus which I expect won't arrive until next week. I will go get LOTS of HC either tomorrow or friday. More opinions on the hardscape are welcome!! Thanks
post #26 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Initial wood set up was best (should have tried the little piese of wood where I suggested just so everyone could have a look at what I was mentioning ).

I don't care for it much.

You have a big "circle" of wood in the middle. The bottom looks like a couple of crab claws coming tights at you. Also, that one stone seems flat out centered.

I do like the continuity of the wood you have selected. All but the one piece that runs to the top left of the aquarium "match up" and make a very believeable vignette. Remove the thin bit and you completely harmonious!

Rocks look much better than the initial photo, too! Odd number always looks best, and you can see it in action right there.

I think you are almost there. Consider moving the whole hardscape over to the left a little more and work out that "circle". If it takes a few more hours/days...so be it. You have put so much time into it up to this point a little more time isn't really going to matter. It will mean the difference between the good hardscape you have now and the great one you are very close to putting together.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #27 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

thanks a bunch Momotaro! I really appreciate the constructive criticism, one set of eyes just isn't enough to properly judge a hardscape. I can't seem to understand what you mean by the "circle" though.

The crab thing is very funny , I'll move the sticks around a little bit to make it not so distracting.

I had an awkward feeling about the piece that ran up to the top even before you mentioned it, and I'm still trying t figure out a way to fix it. Thanks

About the circle being centered, I know what you mean . Also I went upstairs to try and move the whole scape to the left and it just wouldn't budge. I'd have to redo most of it to get it over a bit, and I don't know if I'd be able to get the same result.

But please, do explain further about the circle, I can't seem to see what you mean. thanks so much for the help!!
post #28 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Walking away and coming back to it is a great way to be sure you are happy with what you have done!

The circle? It is right there. The branch that comes over the center rock and curves to the right (as we look at it) and the "crab claws" just grab my eye as a big "circle".

Is the thin branch part of the bigger branch?

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #29 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Ok, now that I see what you're talking about with the circle, I don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions?

And yes, the really thin part of that stick is connected to the thicker part.
post #30 of 683 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
can't wait to see it filled and planted.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode