So, I had more time this weekend to work on my boys tank. Coming along quit well. Here's a picture heavy moment :S
I'll give a little snippet as to why I'm doing what I'm doing.
Used a seasoned sponge filter to get the tank going. I'm hoping to have the tank cycled 1-2 weeks.
A good mix of gravel rocks and SeaChem Flourite. Also got this from my buddy Steven. He also gave me the aged media. I also have a thick layer of the SeaChem Flourite for the plant roots.
Cleaning the aquarium. Razor blade was my best bet. Started with window cleaner, then wiped it down with apple cider vinegar.
The first layer of Fluorite goes in.
You can see the layers. I'm hoping to do my plant roots good.
Got the Hydro Sponge will made up to be placed in the aquarium. I cut the lift tube, so make it so there is not such a harsh breaking of water tension. Putting half aged media and half a new filter.
How I secured the dresser
What I used to get my tank going. Hoping for a quick cycle. I know these two products have great reviews.
The next morning. Getting there.
Added a heater and move some stuff around. Now look at what happened...
And finally, this morning.
This is what it looked like today. Coming a long. Don't even know the water parameters yet, because I'm waiting a little for the cycle. But here we are!
Everything I purchased for the tank was from American Aquarium Products
Thanks everyone! I hope this will be a good one!