Finally got a lot of the equipment in and ended up making some edits to my original plan. Instead of splitting the co2 I decided to just go ahead and buy a new 5lb tank and regulator/solenoid. I also went with a ISTA Max Mix c02 Reactor instead of the Nutrafin bubble counter/diffuser.
The tank finally came in as well and I have to say that I am very impressed with the dimensions of the tank and the quality of the build.
After putting the tank on the table I realized that the 8.8 pounds of substrate that I bought is not nearly going be enough to cover floor of the tank. I immediately put in another order for 20 lbs of Eco Complete Extra Fine in Black. Not sure if I'm going to mix the substrate yet but this tank EATS substrates!
I also went to the LFS and after playing around with all the pieces of driftwoods, I plan on going with this scaping and making hills with the susbtrate and planting everything out with glosso only all around.
The next thing that i set up was the background for the tank. I went with frosted window film that I picked up on amazon and cut to size. The basic steps to put on the window film was:
1) Clean tank glass with any window cleaner and wipe down with a lint free towel. I just used bounty and after the glass dried I wiped every thing down with a piece of swiffer sweeper to remove any lint/dust.
2) Spray the tank with a soapy water solution and apply flim (make sure to keep every fairly moist the whole time),
3) After putting the window film on the moist glass and position the film in place start squigeeing starting from the middle and going towards the sides.
The final product from doing this the first time:
Lights are also AMAZING! I'd highly recommend them.